Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By JodelDavo
Flying_john wrote:
Dave W wrote:A general observation: Isn't it interesting how many retired high-time airline flyers seem to become so anti their own industry in later life?

They should be ashamed.
Again - pure nimbyism.

The complainant that caused the biggest issue at my local airfield in the past was a retired BA Captain.
By Cessna571
I’ve been reading the “against” lobby comments.

I went to have a look at the application and plans/pictures.

a) I don’t see how aircraft will be arriving or taking off over little mongeham, considering its position and the runway orientation.

b) who? has told that lady she will have planes at 200’ over her house? I can’t see how that’ll be possible, where has that come from?

(Does she in fact live at the end of the runway? Have I got it wrong?)

I don’t think that lady has made that up herself, who has?

When people are spreading fake facts against a planning application, does it make it easier to get it through I wonder?

If that lady DOES live 50 feet from the end of the proposed runway, I think we need to be told before we support the proposal.
By Flying_john
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Why let the truth stand in the way of an objection to something.

I can only find one objection on the document list and although I can see there is a great deal of support seem to be unable to read 100 of them, only the first 30 are listed on the site as documents.

Is anyone else able to see the actual comments and can give me a link.
By malcolmfrost
Cessna571 wrote:b) who? has told that lady she will have planes at 200’ over her house? I can’t see how that’ll be possible, where has that come from?

When people are spreading fake facts against a planning application, does it make it easier to get it through I wonder?

If that lady DOES live 50 feet from the end of the proposed runway, I think we need to be told before we support the proposal.

The lady lives in the house I've circled the proposed runway orientation is the green line.
I must confess to having some sympathy, from Headcorn to the East there are no fewer than 11 strips shown on SkyDemon, probably more than are in the whole of Surrey! Is another really needed?
By Cessna571
I don’t mean the lady that started the crowd funding campaign.

Is that her house?

I mean the other person who says she will have 7500 movements a year, mainly on Sunday’s at 200’ over her house and other residential addresses.

It was a different name to the crowdfunding / wedding business lady.

She says it’s not needed as there is a Helipad locally !
Last edited by Cessna571 on Sat May 08, 2021 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Cessna571
malcolmfrost wrote:
Cessna571 wrote:b) who? has told that lady she will have planes at 200’ over her house? I can’t see how that’ll be possible, where has that come from?

The lady lives in the house I've circled the proposed runway orientation is the green line.
I must confess to having some sympathy, from Headcorn to the East there are no fewer than 11 strips shown on SkyDemon, probably more than are in the whole of Surrey! Is another really needed?

What’s the scale of that map?

I did notice there appears to be an early turn out in the submitted arrival/leave paths.

At Rougham people are asked to turn right as early as possible on take off from 27, basically, turn right when your wheels lift off to avoid flying over Bury St Edmunds!

If that house can be avoided completely in that way, then it should be and I’m sure will be.
By Crash one
Probably if you calculate a 3 degreee approach path (airline pilot thinking) then low level for some distance is possible.
Who is feeding the bullets?