Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Fellsteruk
Wow that is a slow news day lol, I mean how is this even news?

One day post license I’m gonna try paint a tree or dog in the sky.... maybe I’ll make the news, I can see the headline now:

“Large bald man in tiny plane draws suspicious love heart over Chester... but who was it for...?”
FlightDek liked this
By kanga
Fellsteruk wrote:Maybe they had an intern join them and offered to let them publisher their first article.... :lol:

If it's anything like our 'local' paper, nearly all the items published (text and/or photos) will be submitted by freelancers, who will be paid only if the item is used. The art of the submitting freelancer is to offer something with an enticing or exciting (but quite possibly grossly exaggerated) headline (and text embellished with similar 'detail') so that the subeditor will choose it over other submissions that day. On some days the subeditor may receive very few submissions. Perhaps this was such a day. :wink:

In 'normal times' the best days for such freelancers will be GCSE and A-level results, secondary school graduation and leaver' balls, and primary schools' Nativity Plays days. On those days there will be lots of different potentially coverage-worthy venues available, and a good chance that all or most will be used, so that proud parents buy the hard copies of the paper ..
By akg1486
Already eight replies on this thread and not a single one making snide remarks about the use of the Americanism "plane" in the article? That's unusual. :lol: