Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Lockhaven
I know hangarage costs for aeroplanes has been discussed many times, but has anyone got an idea how much it costs to hangar a helicopter these days ?
By Lockhaven
Charles Hunt wrote:If you have to ask.............................

Ah well its not for me to hangar personally, but I have a landing strip and a barn with space to say put half a dozen Robinson, Jet Ranger size types in so was wondering what the going rate for hangarage was, then make an adjustment for not being at a regular airport :thumright:
Charles Hunt liked this
By muffin
FLYER Club Member (reader)  FLYER Club Member (reader)
In my experience, about the same as a small FW aircraft. Depends in what part of the country you are.
Personally I would pay more for being at a private strip location than I would at a regular airport. Hassle is a big negative for me.
Lockhaven liked this
By EddieHeli
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I don't know whereabouts you are in the country, but location and facilities makes a huge difference.
It also matters on the type of hangarage service. i.e. a lot of airfields get the machine out for you and put it away if multiple helicopters are Hangared there to prevent hangar rash, especially the 3 or more bladers. Clipping a blade can be significantly more expensive that chipping some paint off a wing.
Why not ring around the airfields in your vicinity and ask.
Also please publish the results here, including what you intend to charge.
Flyin'Dutch', Lockhaven liked this