Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
irishc180 wrote:Garmin Pilot is just beautiful. Plan a complex route, add an arrival or IAP if needed. Bounce to the 430W with a tap of the iPad, crossfills to the Aera 660. Monitor the flight on a crisp synthetic vision PFD displayed on the iPad in the Garmin Pilot app.

Sorry - what was I thinking. An android tablet and Skydemon all the way... :roll:

Nothing wrong with Garmin stuff... if you dont mind dealing with Garmin and paying through the nose :wink:
I have an iPad Mini 5 and SkyDemon, but for actual flying I use a Garmin Aera 660 - it's better.

SkyDemon is very good software, I use it for planning at home on the PC and for filing flight plans for hops across the Channel. That said, the iPad sits in my bag while flying. Yes, the Garmin is more expensive, but I’m noting what I view as best not best value-for-money.

As a Garmin customer, I find their service great; they’ve gone out of their way to help me over the years (this is direct feedback, not “heard it from a friend”).

So not exactly the "money-saving" recommendation on this thread, but having both is great.
Will this...
The P40 Lite runs on Huawei's self-developed operating system, Android 10 AOSP (Android Open Source Project) with EMUI10. It's based on Android, but without Google support, so there might be apps that aren't available in the AppGallery.[/u]

Be able to install and Run Skydemon?
By GrahamB
marcletr wrote:As for me would be better to use custom software by URL removed. Many companies overlook the importance of hiring dedicated developers for their web development needs. A dedicated development team is an important element for any successful business and there are certain challenges you will face in this department. One of the most critical elements in the successful development cycle is communication. Constant communication is required between the IT team and your customers. There are many challenges in dedicated development and you will need to find the right dedicated development team to meet your needs.

Forgive me, but this looks like blatant advertising which is against forum rules. It’s hardly relevant to the subject matter, is it?
Last edited by GrahamB on Mon May 31, 2021 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Mundy liked this
By skydriller
I saw "dedicated this" and "team that" and at the 3rd "dedicated" I fell asleep...
...so if it is advertising, it aint working... :roll:

Edit: I see Ian has deleted it now, @GrahamB your quote is still there though.. :wink:
Last edited by skydriller on Mon May 31, 2021 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul_Sengupta liked this
By GrahamB
skydriller wrote:Edit: I see Ian has deleted it now, @GrahamB your quote is still there though.. :wink:

Good point; I've left it there as 'guidance' to potential future miscreants, but removed the URL. :thumright: