Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
If you tuned into Flyer Live on Thursday 15th April you may have seen Ian interview Textron's UK representative about how well their range of a/c is selling this year despite the Pandemic.

Textron make amongst others the Cessna range of which he has a fine C182. At the end of the interview he asked which model would be best to upgrade to and the answer was the Citation M2 Jet (obvs :thumright: ). At $5 million Bossman's disappointment was palpable. :(

But a quick trawl of a/c sales sites showed that an early Slotation could be had for less, so I helpfully commented that £750k should score the right machine. Quick as a flash the challenge came back to find the money. I gladly accepted. :D

So I've created this ambitious Just Giving page https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/ajetforflyermagazine and kicked off the fund with twenty quid.

Yeah, I know 3/4 of a million pounds is a big ask but we're International Playboy (& Girl) Pilots and everyone knows that means wealth beyond imagination.

p.s if we fall a tad short I'll get him one of the Executive Desk Top Models and give the balance to Aerobility :wink:

So dig deep fellow forumites - it's for a good cause!
Just for my erudtion; if I chuck £20 in it will (probably) go to Aerobility - but if it gets to £500k or so (not likely!) will Mr S grab a cheap loan of £250k and have ownership of a new steed!?

PS do we get fractional ownership??

:P

<Money sent>
Charles Hunt wrote:Slotation?

Presumed AutoGibberish.

A rather disparaging reference to their less than stellar cruise performance. Slow, cramped and rather geriatric up front. Not exactly lookers on the ramp either
Charles Hunt liked this
By Forfoxake
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
CloudHound wrote:He'll probably make us join the Flyer Club first.

CAA don't recognise Fractional Ownership schemes. :(

After watching Flyer Live this week, I have finally joined the Flyer Club!

How much of the £7.50 per quarter does Ian get? :wink:
G-BLEW liked this