Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By riverrock
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
NDB_hold wrote:Tricky, this one; on the one hand, Welsh is an official language in Wales; on the other, are we now looking at commercial flights in and out of Wales having to carry a Welsh language speaker by law?

Nah - 1980s style getto blaster with the right tape in it.
NDB_hold wrote:Tricky, this one; on the one hand, Welsh is an official language in Wales; on the other, are we now looking at commercial flights in and out of Wales having to carry a Welsh language speaker by law?

No - they are obliged to use English for "international" flights, like those to/from England :roll:
Oherwydd Rheolau Covid presennol Cynulliad Cymru A fydd pob teithiwr o Loegr yn gwneud eu hunain yn hysbys i Cabin Crew fel y gallant dderbyn yr 20 lashes gorfodol gyda chriw o Gennin Pedr am fod yn Saeson, croeso i Gymru

:mrgreen:
By leiafee
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Mae’n wir, ‘tmod... Roedd rhaid i fi gael gair DIFRIFOL ‘da fy hunain ar y ffordd i mewn.

Anhrefn uffernol dros y lle i gyd a pheilotiaid uniaith yn cwympo i’r ddaer fel pryfed!

O'n i’n mor penbleth achos y dwyieithrwydd nes i jest troi a throi am oriau cyn i fi allu dod o hyd y llain glanio.

Drycha!

Thank goodness they’re going to phas out those silly Enlish annoucements and go monolingual for everyone’s safety...
Last edited by leiafee on Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If the Welsh are going to take the language attitude suggested by Leia and Red then I'll be going elsewhere on my next flying trip. I speak Scot & Irish & Breton; so I'll be going to one of those instead.

The Welsh should wake up and smell the coffee. :roll: