Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
DaveW - why oh why do you enjoy always picking? I do know that, and I did make it very clear where there is a frequency. Surely we are entitled to the slightest thread drift given this is already in the same theme and the discussion had seemed to run its course.

I really no wonder.

(unmanned frequency is clearly not safety com!!!! :lol: )
If you are trying to raise a (closed) airfield which has its own frequency , say to self announce transit through its ATZ , the call is down graded to ‘xxx- name of airfield- traffic’ on its own frequency and strictly speaking the call should be topped and tailed too . :wink:
Rob L, FrankS liked this
IMCR wrote:DaveW - why oh why do you enjoy always picking?

I like accuracy.

Your post, as initially written, was inaccurate and hence unclear.

I couldn't read your intention so only had what you had actually written to go on.
Ah I see Flyer Forum is now a court of law and you are a barrister? This is a chat forum and your response was deliberatley intended to be provocative yet again (it is not the first time as you well know). I dont care, but equally I am going to call it as I see it. More to the point we have been here before and it is unnecessary. I hope we all enjoy a covial discussion and this just isnt necessary - for the last time please would you stop it? BTW the discussion about the RV10 is a good example no one jumped in and said "Ummm... Rv10s only come with nose wheels. They are explicitily only nose wheels." This is the point and I think it was perfectly clear the basis of my comment and precisely what I meant.
Last edited by IMCR on Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Of course it wasn't intended to be provocative! It was intended to clarify what SafetyCom is in practice used for, for those who didn't know.

And it seemed from what you'd written that you were one of those - not so, you've now clarified, but I couldn't know that at the time.