Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Rob P
Am I alone in completely blanking when stuff like this is discussed?

Rob P
By Shoestring Flyer
Rob P wrote:Am I alone in completely blanking when stuff like this is discussed?

Rob P

You are obviously not affected!
There is always the option of not reading it you know! :)
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Rob P wrote:Am I alone in completely blanking when stuff like this is discussed?

Rob P

No, you're not...

But in the same way that I have found out and informed myself (by necessity and experience) over the years about JAA/EASA UK-France differences, then SOLI and now Brexit, there are probably others that need to know about the different licences in the UK and their restrictions.

But so much of this licencing discussion could go away if the CAA/Dft at the very least made UK (ex-EASA) FCL PPL = UK (original) ICAO PPL.

Out of interest, would it help if UK LAPL = UK NPPL ?
Then there would be 1× "full" PPL & 1× "Sub ICAO" PPL ?

Regards, SD..
Forfoxake liked this
By Rob P
Shoestring Flyer wrote:You are obviously not affected!
There is always the option of not reading it you know! :)

You have somewhat missed the point of my post.

For all I know I could well be affected, but the stream of acronyms and random letters just make my brain shut down, so I have no reliable way of knowing if I am or am not.

Rob P
By JAFO
I know what you mean @Rob P, I make sure that I'm legal but when people start talking about all the possible combinations of licence and medical I have to cover my ears and go La, la, la or my brain melts.
Rob P liked this
By Miscellaneous
@JAFO I too get @Rob P's point and agree wholeheartedly. As I am sure I have previously said my way of ensuring I was legal was to stick with my one Part FCL licence and Class 2 and ignore all other discussion of licences and medical combinations. And that worked for a while until I was forced to operate alternatively. Last year my Class 2 renewal was actually booked and only cancelled a couple of days prior due covid. That put me, through no decision of my own, on an LAPL medical for a year. It expires soon, a call to my AME established he has retired, the subsequent discussion with a new AME established the CAA have advised AMEs to minimise the medicals they do until he new system 'settles'... :roll: There seems no way to have a LAPL medical done, my only option is therefore a PMD.
JAFO, Rob P liked this