Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Ibra
Lockhaven wrote:What about this one on the M62 :wink:

There is a speed camera there no? not that Husky is flying faster than motorway speed limits on full sideslip, the camera can't get the reg under symmetric flying :lol:
By IMCR
Josh wrote:The bridge over the M25 in Kent near the M20 is on my “x to live” list. Either that or trying the Gatwick challenge for real :twisted:

Do you mean passing under the air bridge? :lol:

I am surprised no one has mentioned Tower Bridge, its design seems very inviting (I mean the top section, not between bridge and water). :lol: Could be a little tight, except on a springs low when it should be ok.
By Josh
The Gatwick challenge is minimum time for a circuit in which you pass under the bridge from the North terminal to the satellite whilst downwind.

You need to be in recognised takeoff and landing configs and speeds at both ends and having the gear up under the bridge is advisable!
By Paul_Sengupta
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
BoeingBoy wrote:Old Severn Bridge.......At night...... Nav lights turned off.......Bolkow Junior.

Not admitting when but it was before most of you were born.

That's just a wide right base for 30 at Cardiff. Take-off and landing and all that.
By Rob L
Trent772 wrote:And of course......

The One...

The Only...

Jurgis Kairys - this was the last of 7 bridges in Vilnius he did many years ago. Think this is the best video of it.

But that was legal and approved; the whole point is to be illegal and done by a rank amateur :wink:
Trent772 liked this
By Sir Morley Steven
Blimey the guy who made the music needs his guitar taken away, tuned and given back to someone else.
The Millau viaduct in France had 1000ft spans and is 1000ft high. Hmmmm......
mick w liked this
By Flyin'Dutch'
What is the 'if you could' bit?

Technically it is about 0 challenge to fly under most of the bridges in this thread (clearly right way up) so that is not the difficult bit.

I would never ever fly under a bridge unless it was for a specific purpose planned for with permission and all risks assessed; as with most other things in life, when it starts with 'hold my beer' it is probably better left for a time when no beer goggles/cunning plans are involved.