Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By seanxair
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Spoke with 3 who said they could sort it. Some type of error on registration. Promised to gift me 1gb of data which should appear by the end of today but suspect the tablet is indeed being considered to be a phone....
By Dodo
According to my ipad I used only 1.1Mb of mobile data using Skydemon during 1 hr 10 minutes airborne on a flight today. If that is the case then the 200Mb/month allowance will be more than enough.
malcolmfrost, seanxair liked this
By seanxair
Well I never got the 1gb they promised. Added £2 on and did that APN reset and it is working it seems. How do you tell how much you have used? Mine just says £2 in the kitty and thats it.

Have ordered another one to see if I have any better luck on the free 200mb
By Dodo
seanxair wrote:How do you tell how much you have used?

On my ipad it is in the settings menu under mobile data. It breaks down the data used by each app.
By DBo
I use a giffgaff sim, but don’t buy a goodybag, just PAYG. I have mobile data turned off, and mostly use Wi-fi or I hotspot to my phone for big data usage. I can flick the cellular on if I need it and £10 lasts me over a year.
kanga liked this
By Paul_Sengupta
Dodo wrote:According to my ipad I used only 1.1Mb of mobile data using Skydemon during 1 hr 10 minutes airborne on a flight today. If that is the case then the 200Mb/month allowance will be more than enough.

Of course, legally you should have the mobile data switched off when actually in the air...
By aerial
Has anyone managed to get one of these sims to work on a samsung phone (even trying the setup described in the previously linked video)?
I use the phone for a vfr nav app only and data would be useful.
By Andrew Sinclair
Paul_Sengupta wrote:I've found the easiest way is just to stick a bit of credit on. Doesn't have to be much.

I think that’s where the “no such thing as a free lunch” kicks in.

I just get the following screen saying that I need to disconnect wifi (which of course I have)