Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Stampe
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
A reliable source has told me that the strip will not be maintained this year by the farmer unless the pub is reopened. A great shame let’s hope someone sees the opportunity.A great favourite of mine!
Regards Fly safe .
By Iceman
It’s always been on my list of places to visit so hopefully will be open for taking the Maule.

Iceman 8)
By Lefty
Iceman wrote:It’s always been on my list of places to visit so hopefully will be open for taking the Maule.

Iceman 8)

Great little strip. Been in there in Arrow, Cherokee 6, Saratoga and Cirrus. The hedge is a bit tight at the southern end though.
Iceman liked this
By Stampe
A friend overflew it today and it appears to have been recently mown.The official line from the PPR number used previously is that it is not available for a number of reasons.Possibly more complex issues at play? Hopefully the pub which has been purchased by a Village syndicate will open and be a positive influence!
Fly Safe Stampe
mick w liked this
By mick w
CloudHound wrote:Greetings!

Do you have any info on the possible reopening?

I spoke to the owner a couple of days ago , & he said there is a possibility he will open the Strip in June , but only a possibility :roll:
By AerBabe
CloudHound wrote:Greetings!

Do you have any info on the possible reopening?

Erm... no. Is there is a reason I should? :scratch:
Iceman liked this
By london_ga
Unfortunately I just received this reply from the pub management:

Our understanding is that the airstrip no longer exists.

The new farm owner can generate more profit from agriculture than he can from landing fees and as he doesn't fly (unlike the previous owner) has no desire to maintain it
By JJMurphy
That's the worst news :( Does he have a figure in mind? I for one would certainly be up for buying a block booking of landing fees for the year! Sadly missed this place and the walk to The Pheasant in recent times. I mean...what's he able to grow on that slope! :lol: