Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
AprilDavy wrote:Did my dual check at Compton Abbas today with amazing viz.

Their "Snack Shack" near the car park is open for coffee, cakes, I think also hot meals made up in the main building and brought over. Seating and tables available outside on a fenced off grass area looking towards the strip.

Snack Shack seems to be servicing the carpark customers. Aviators were being fed (on Wednesday) from the main building. One of the nicest bacon sarnies I have ever had.
Iceman liked this
By ROG
Went to Beccles yesterday.
Greatly improved.
The cafe is excellent--new building--good menu--prices very fair--exellent service with very pleasant friendly staff.
The runway has been resurfaced.
All the staff radio. fuel. cafe couldn"t have been mote welcoming .
Now on my list for regular visits.
Iceman liked this
Leesesstershire was most excellent today. Good service, great pork/apple/stuffing/crackling sarnie..... :mrgreen:

Breighton was good for afternoon tea and ginger cake.

Fishburn tomorrow for luncheon

:thumleft:
Iceman, mick w liked this
By lutonwho
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
[quote="matthew_w100"]Sandown on the Isle of Wight. Wood-fired oven pizza. Can't be beaten.[/quote]
I had one of those excellent pizza’s today, thanks for the tip. There were many visiting aeroplanes today and they ran out of of the fresh pizzas by about 2 PM. The owner said that he had sold 60 today.
By rikur_
lutonwho wrote:
rikur_ wrote:The new improved Church Fenton Cafe is now open https://www.facebook.com/fentoncafe/

It wasn’t open yesterday (17/04/21), and according to the chap in the tower, will remain shut at weekends until some time in May.. Great destination nevertheless. LW

Apologies about that. Saturdays 10 - 3 from 1st May apparently. I hadn't realised they weren't doing Saturdays in April
lutonwho liked this
By foxmoth
Veterans Garage (a charity that supports ex servicemen) has now taken over the airport cafe at Manchester City Airport (Barton), today they were testing the pizza oven and I am told they also have a smoker for ribs etc. All open outside from next week.
By Lefty
Had a very nice lunch at the propellor inn at Bembridge yesterday. Quite crowded but still managed to find a table outside without queuing. They have a nifty electronic system with a button on your table fro you to (silently) send a message to your waiter / waitress that you need some attention.