Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Fellsteruk
I’d have thought the former, I mean how do you get 200 hours on site if you have less and 200 is a min?

I’d suggest call them to confirm but I recall just reading taildraggers need 200hours pic on type before evening allowed.

EDIT:
Just checked taken from the restrictions:

“Pilots of Tail dragger type aircraft with below 200hrs on type”
I reckon any airfield that's pompous enough to have a restriction on certain types of aircraft is one to avoid... I presume this follows the Chipmunk accident there a few years ago?

Plenty of other, more welcoming establishments to go to... :thumright:
flybymike, NigelC liked this
By Fellsteruk
Whilst I don’t disagree about having rules to exclude certain peoples is bad. I do have to say in my experience they are very welcoming ATC always very nice and the ground staff also.

The issue, I think!! Is that let’s face it Airbus pretty much run the show at hawarden if they stopped using it I suspect closure wouldnt be too far behind as a lot of commercial activity in the area isn’t even aviation related.

And whilst I don’t agree, I can understand them waiting to mitigate risk of interruption to their own ops but frankly anyone who can fly tail wheel is much less likely to cause an issue for airbus, I’d have thought than the many nose wheel student buzzing about, like me.

All in all though it is a nice place to visit :)
By MichaelP
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Iceman wrote:Goi cake at both Blackbushe and Dunkeswell today.

Iceman 8)

Is the café at Blackbushe open now?
It was a shambles last week when I passed through.

I had a pain au chocolat at Compton Abbas yesterday, there were two pieces of fruit cake left, on the side so it was too late to ask for a piece. The coffee cake looked good, but I can’t eat walnuts... Peter had the coffee cake which contributed to an additional few yards on the takeoff roll.
Back at White Waltham I bought Peter another slice of cake.
This outside dining in the cold wind and occasional shower wasn’t pleasant, we have to be hardy I suppose... Bring back the balmy warm days of March.

Bicycle ride now, then perhaps lunch at friendly Popham... I’ll bypass Blackbushe.
mick w liked this
By Iceman
MichaelP wrote:It was a shambles last week when I passed through.

Last week, the café was still a building site. It is now open, and judging by the queues and packed outside tables yesterday, as popular as ever with the locals. The new staff were rushed off their feet and doing a good job. The chocolate cake was superb :P.

Iceman 8)
By MichaelP
CloudHound wrote:I still feel sorry for the previous team. :(

Please remind me where their new café is and when it will be open.
It’s not far off my route to Popham so I’ll drop in sometime.

I’ll try the new place at Blackbushe someday too.
I am in and out of White Waltham, Popham, and Redhill.
Blackbushe is still not a priority for me, but I will try it when times are better.
Flew into Sturgate yesterday.
What a lovely little airfield.
Hard runway, sandwiches, snacks, tea & coffee available.
Plenty of seating outside (and inside, when the barmy rules permit).
No landing fee! But donations are welcome (and you would need a heart of stone not to make one).
Highly recommended.
By mick w
Charley Farley wrote:Flew into Sturgate yesterday.
What a lovely little airfield.
Hard runway, sandwiches, snacks, tea & coffee available.
Plenty of seating outside (and inside, when the barmy rules permit).
No landing fee! But donations are welcome (and you would need a heart of stone not to make one).
Highly recommended.

What did you come in CF :wink: