Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By ChampChump
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Damyns Hall has food at weekends only, at present, but it is very good value. New this year (I think) is a blackboard showing various Pie and mash options, plus jellied eels - as well as the more usual paninis and cakes.
By A4 Pacific
Charley Farley wrote:Flew into Sturgate yesterday.
What a lovely little airfield.
Hard runway, sandwiches, snacks, tea & coffee available.
Plenty of seating outside (and inside, when the barmy rules permit).
No landing fee! But donations are welcome (and you would need a heart of stone not to make one).
Highly recommended.

Another thumbs up for Sturgate.

No landing fee!!! :shock: Soon to have two grass runways I believe?! :thumright:
By ChampChump
Mea culpa. I might have been quoting the menu. Or I might have been trying to catch up with several things simultaneously and failing to do anything properly.
GrahamB wrote:
ChampChump wrote:as well as the more usual paninis and cakes.

If you are going to use an incorrect plural, you could at least do the job proper and put an apostrophe in it!

Why would 'it' require an apostrophe :clown:
A4 Pacific, flybymike liked this
By Highland Park
Trent772 wrote:
GrahamB wrote:
ChampChump wrote:as well as the more usual paninis and cakes.

If you are going to use an incorrect plural, you could at least do the job proper and put an apostrophe in it!

Why would 'it' require an apostrophe :clown:

I think technically a single “panini” would be a panino and that panini is the plural...
Trent772 liked this
By Iceman
Their trouble was that they were just too darn popular and the new coffee machine broke. They are ‘regrouping’ with a new (and faster) coffee machine and will be ‘fine tuning’ their procedures as a consequence of the helpful feedback that they received from their initial customers. It was a really busy weekend and a bit of a baptism of fire, with a few lessons to learn.

Iceman 8)
By Iceman
I don’t know @AndyR, but as a tea drinker, there’s nothing more infuriating than being stuck in the queue behind somebody who’s ordering three coffees, all done in different way, which then take an excruciatingly long time to make :roll:.

Iceman 8)
Last edited by Iceman on Mon May 03, 2021 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AndyR liked this