Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Trent772
As we become more relaxed, can we revisit who is open and when please.

Sherburn has new café operators - the most excellent couple from the Maltings just down the road. An absolute breath of fresh air today and we are looking forward to much better provender in the future.

An utter shame that Wickenby's café shut - one of our favourites :(

So let's see who is open, when during the week and under what restrictions - we need places to visit and support again !!!
By Highland Park
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I was talking to the chap who runs Jimmy’s at Old Buck last weekend. He told me they’re not planning to reopen the café until 17 May (although the airfield is now open), but it will have a different menu and open later on the day.

Ian
By PeteSpencer
Highland Park wrote:I was talking to the chap who runs Jimmy’s at Old Buck last weekend. He told me they’re not planning to reopen the café until 17 May (although the airfield is now open), but it will have a different menu and open later on the day.

Ian

Shame:

After 28 years of visiting the Old Buck cafe (remember the fab Mustangburgers?), I'm afraid that after a shouting match on the phone by the Airfield Manager,during the second lockdown , my Old Buckenham visiting days are over.... :wink:
Rob P liked this
By Rob P
PeteSpencer wrote:(remember the fab Mustangburgers?)

Who can forget them?

Nik Coleman, now the producer of the "Plane Resurrection" series for the tele was the originator. This was the absolute zenith for the Old Buck eatery, never equalled or approached since.

The Gamekeeper in the village seems to be under reconstruction, hopefully not into tasteful apartments.

Rob P
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By ChampChump
Mark and Jackie's café is open at Headcorn. The rather large sausage rolls (mustard and others) are highly regarded by carnivores. And omnivores.

Wings wasn't last week, but might be now/soon.
By lutonwho
The cafe at Lee-On-Solent is open for takeaway. The outside seating area is closed, but there are plenty of benches overlooking the beach. I highly recommend the s.ausage sandwich . LW.
Last edited by lutonwho on Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lutonwho wrote:The cafe at Lee-On-Sea is open for takeaway. The outside seating area is closed, but there are plenty of benches overlooking the beach. I highly recommend the s.ausage sandwich . LW.

The outside seating/viewing area is now open, it opened back up today. They also have a Full English back on the menu from today.
lutonwho, NDB_hold liked this
By Iceman
There’s a caravan serving drinks, sandwiches and cake at Shoreham at the moment. Apparently, it will stay when the main Shoreham restaurant reopens (the Hummingbird Restaurant opens 14th April 2021).

https://forums.flyer.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=118314.

Watch this space for the reopening of the Blackbushe café.

Iceman 8)
Last edited by Iceman on Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.