Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Spooky
Anyone had to do this yet?

I have my identification verified by the CAA

I’m now allowed the “medical service”

I’ve registered with Cellma

However...

There’s no forms to fill in
No way to contact about this

I’m a bit baffled! :?
Right! Found out what to do.

1) Register with CAA online portal and apply for medical services

Be aware that if your medical is expiring soon, it takes a minimum of 10 days to verify your details.

To verify your details with the CAA and create an online portal with access to the medical services, you need to do the following.

1) if not an existing CAA customer you must use a personal ID such as passport for evidence A, and a different one e.g gun licence/ driving licence for evidence B. One of these must display your address.

2) If you are an existing customer you need to submit evidence A as above, and evidence B is a CAA document displaying your address. If you use a CAA document, you need to make sure that the second evidence option for a new customer needs to be changed to something different from the first (e.g you cannot have driving licence listed twice even though you’re not using it), otherwise it thinks you’re trying to submit the same evidence twice.

2) register with Cellma

This is immediate as you’re already verified by the CAA

Once your access to medical services is approved (took a week for mine), you’ll then be able to apply to open an account with Cellma. The password requires uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and special cases such as *

I had to log in and then log out, then log in again to gain access to the assessment services. It’ll then ask you to accept statements and spits you out to the main page again.

It will not show up as a certificate, it shows up under “previous applications”.

Hopefully that helps anyone else thinking “what the bloody hell” :lol:
So when first accessing medical from the CAA portal you got the text message to your phone
did it then go to the cellma login page?
I presume you then had to register with cellma
I presume using the same details as you had given to the CAA portal?

I'm just as confused as you....
Cns416 wrote:So when first accessing medical from the CAA portal you got the text message to your phone
did it then go to the cellma login page?
I presume you then had to register with cellma
I presume using the same details as you had given to the CAA portal?

I'm just as confused as you....

Yes.

You can’t auto fill the numbers as it doesn’t recognise it. There’s no “OK” button so you have to fill it out manually, it then changes to the Cellma website automatically.

Once you register with Cellma (you gave to do this as a new user separate from the CAA)you might have to log out and log-in again to get access to the applications.

It’s not the best system is it?
I've had the approval email from the CAA for my access but it doesn't yet work for me
After putting in the OTP from my phone text I just go a cellma login screen with a message at the top "unable to log you into cellma error: access denied"
Underneath is a login panel with the only options being t enter username and password and my CAA portal user/pass do not work - no options to register
Oh well I'll leave it a week and come back to it.....
I’ve found that different “home pages” have different options. When Cellma decided my password wasn’t correct it took five home page attempts to be offered the “forgotten my password” choice.

I’m just glad I was eventually able to do it. Should be so simple yet somehow they’ve made it a complicated mess :?
I've just rung the CAA number 0330 022 1972 and having chosen medical you get an automated voice saying if you have received an error message from the cellma site please send it into their email they state together with a screen shot of the error returned.
So I've done that and I guess that I'm not the only one if they've had to put such an intro message on the phone system.
According to the images in this guide
https://www.caa.co.uk/uploadedFiles/CAA ... 0Guide.pdf
It seems indeed that once you have logged into the CAA portal your login credentials should be carried over seamlessly to the cellma site as it show you going directly from the phone text OTP within the CAA portal site to your cellma data displayed with no intermediate re-login "problem".
but that's not what seems to be happening and from posts on the UK gliderpilot site we are not the only ones having this issue.
Spooky wrote:Right! Found out what to do.

Hopefully that helps anyone else thinking “what the bloody hell” :lol:

This is hilarious. It looks like the internet in the early 1990's. Was this UI designed by the same infant who wrote the PMD medical declaration requirements? We should be told.
Spooky liked this
Gustosomerset wrote:
Spooky wrote: Snip

This is hilarious. It looks like the internet in the early 1990's. Was this UI designed by the same infant who wrote the PMD medical declaration requirements? We should be told.

I thought it was some holding page partially through development and abandoned. It’s embarrassing :lol:
Thought I’d check to make sure my medical was still showing as updated. Now can’t access the system as despite logging in through the CAA, Cellma tells me the login is not recognised :lol:

For anyone needing to update their medical, I strongly advise doing it a few months in advance to allow adequate time to try and process it.