Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Lefty
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Yes - but I suspect it will take a little practice to remember exactly how much forward or backward pressure is required.
Can anyone remind me of the correct entry speed for a barrel roll in a PA28A?
scd975 liked this
By lobstaboy
Houses lever :)
Several years ago I had to have a break of several months and found it no problem to get back into it - although synchronisation of the patter took time to come back (as you'd expect I guess).
I've stopped now anyway but I hope it goes well for everyone.
By CloudHound
There's also back to go up and more back to down rather quickly. :lol:

I need an LPC and a couple of rust removal trips with an instructor so hopefully my advice above will help!
By patowalker
TLRippon wrote:Ok so it’s been a few months but starting instructing again tomorrow, just wanted to check, it’s back for up and forward for down, right?

Not in the aircraft I used to fly. It was forward for up and back for down; and on the ground it was push right to go left, push left to go right. :D
By lobstaboy
Try these, at random moments to make it appear to the student that you are on top of things.
"I knew it was going to do that"
"What should we be doing now?"
"Where are we?"
"Lower the nose"
"More power!"
"Re-trim" or if you want to buy yourself a good 5 minutes thinking time, "Do you need to re-trim?"
Last edited by lobstaboy on Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scd975, T6Harvard liked this
By foxmoth
[code][/code]
Lefty wrote:Yes - but I suspect it will take a little practice to remember exactly how much forward or backward pressure is required.
Can anyone remind me of the correct entry speed for a barrel roll in a PA28A?

Don’t get too hung up on entry speed, just remember the check on exit - wings still attached!
By Flyin'Dutch'
@TLRippon

You are right to worry.

I on the other hand will be fine, can't lose what you ain't got.

;)

Slightly envious - work and weather conspiring against flying. Have cancelled 2 Cub sessions last week as the weather was pants - a third one was canned as my check out pilot thought it was necessary to get vaccinated, rather than come flying with me. I think he is just scared.
T6Harvard, TLRippon liked this
By TopCat
TLRippon wrote:Ok so it’s been a few months but starting instructing again tomorrow, just wanted to check, it’s back for up and forward for down, right?

Your students will all have been memorising the local area in FS2020 for the last six months. They'll be better than you are, so no pressure :)

I have a renewal Pu/t hour coming up soon.

I won't be tolerating any sloppy instructing just because he's a bit out of practice. No excuses!

:twisted:

Edit... don't tell em who I am, @Lefty ;)
T6Harvard liked this
By Charles Hunt

3- Axis or flexwing?

Make sure there are some cows nearby so you can check.
gasman, patowalker liked this
By Capt Edmund
I flew with our CFI today who seemed content but, after almost a year without flying, I’ll be putting in a bit of solo time to polish up before I try to teach anything. Frustrating when you can’t achieve the standards you’re used to.
By QSD
I’m back tomorrow. I have flown a couple of times recently, but I’m still going to be very rusty.

Also worried about the 4kg lockdown beard I seem to have grown!
T6Harvard liked this