Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By wigglyamp
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I've just moved house from Surrey to rural North Devon and am looking for a new home for my RV12 . I'm aware of and have talked to Dunkeswell and Watchford Farm, but both are about 50 minutes drive so looking for something closer to Bampton/Tiverton. Nice strips over 450M would be ideal and preferably with hangar space. No response from Stoodleigh Barton so any other suggestions/contact details on unpublished strips gratefully received.
By rohmer
There used to be a strip at Bremridge Farm near Bampton 51.02613366420743, -3.4253120859864543. It was owned by a chap with a Europa but he moved to France a few years ago . I don't know the present owner so that would take some leg work. Treborough is no longer in use so I suggest Eggesford, Eaglescott or Belle Vue, but all probably further by road than Dunks or Wfd. Join the Devon Strut for more info. www.devonstrut.co.uk
wigglyamp liked this
By Paul_Sengupta
wigglyamp wrote:Thanks for the suggestions. I have tried e-mails for Stoodleigh and Eggesford with no luck so now I’m down here will get on the phone.

I'll PM you Nigel Skinner (Eggesford)'s mobile number. You can drop him a text.
By irishc180
Such a sound bunch of people down in Eggesford. I visited a good few years ago, and they all went out of their way to show me around the hangars, the projects under restoration and I got to fly the AOP9 with Jeff. You could have great fun poking about all the strips in that part of the world, it seems like it would be a great place to be based.
By Iceman
Eggesford is a great little strip with a friendly bunch of people. We ended up there one evening after a Treborough Fly-in. Not having a tent or any gear with me, I was offered a room in a local farmhouse after the beers and BBQ. A load of forumites camped on the strip that night.

Iceman 8)
By Iceman
Ok, thanks, I’m glad to hear that you got sorted with a new home. Stoodleigh Barton would actually have been quite convenient for me when visiting friends in Tiverton.

Iceman 8)
By wigglyamp
I did pop in the Eggesford by road and met Nigel and had a good look around. Great place, and very friendly but I fear the nose leg of my RV12 might not like the sloping runway if even a slight misjudgement of the flare is made, so I opted for somewhere a bit flatter.
By Iceman
Yes, Eggesford does fall into the category of ‘pronounced slope’, along with places like St. Mary’s, Treborough and Fishburn, so care is certainly needed. Is Watchford Farm open to weekend visitors ?

Iceman 8)