Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Hooligan
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Only if you are too low - at least, with my eyesight! :lol:

When I woz young, a French MS500 with a radial (Salmson?) overflew the local common at not much more than 500' or so, definitely well below the then regulation height (1500'?) for a built up area. I made a careful note of the reg, easily read off - and lovingly entered it into my spotter's log when I got home. No thoughts of reporting him to the Rozzers. :wink:

Lost my logs ages back, but looking on line I think it was F-BDQT - I vaguely recall misreading the Q as an O.
Hooligan wrote:.., a French MS500 with a radial (Salmson?) .. I think it was F-BDQT - I vaguely recall misreading the Q as an O.

possibly this one ?

https://www.hdekker.info/DIVERSEN/div19 ... f-bdqt.jpg
By Hooligan
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Only a complete Morane would do so... it sounded like a cricket too...

More recently saw a probably-lower-than-it-should-have-been Cherokee 235 at roughly the same spot which I also read off with the naked eye - another local walker and I agreed it sounded rather nice!

Kanga, pretty sure that is the one!
Sooty25 wrote:Once we are all forced to carry transponders, and the entire population has FR24 on their phones, we won't need worry about lettering!

Might be useful with alternator failure and reduced electrical load so txpdr off...
approaching an airfield not enough juice for the radio....

We all know how inaccurate FR24 is... C150 with the performance of a fighter jet at times :lol: