Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By CloudHound
By James Chan
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
So why would an "aerodrome manager" role require a FISO license?
By AlanM
lobstaboy wrote:Hmmmm...
Also what does "salary depends on level of responsibility undertaken" mean?
Would you apply for a job where the level of responsibility wasn't clear?
Well maybe - but I wouldn't!

It ain’t Heathrow mate!

Seriously though - I think you have to look at the post with the mindset of what it is, to be fair.

Requirements & Qualifications

The successful applicant will hold a current FISO licence with an up to date knowledge & understanding of CAA procedures & CAPS and previous management experience.

Benefits

Salary and package is negotiable dependant on the successful applicant's experience and the level of responsibility undertaken.

Quite a defined set of skills needed. (Let’s face it, gaining an AFISO licence isn’t too cumbersome). It almost appears to be written for someone.....
By PeteSpencer
James Chan wrote:So why would an "aerodrome manager" role require a FISO license?

Because as with many managerial posts (think Old Folks’ Homes etc) an appropriate qualification is required for when someone doesn’t turn up for a shift and the manager inevitably ends up standing in ! :roll:
By Rjk983
I note that “ Sywell Aerodrome has been awarded with "The Best GA Airfield in the UK Award" on a number occasions over the last few years. ”

Does this mean the if The U.K. succeeds in becoming

[fanfare]#BPITW4GA[/fanfare]

Then Sywell will become the best airfield in the world for GA”?
G-BLEW liked this
By ak7274
CloudHound wrote:Calling 3 years of my life's work to obtain said approach on behalf of Sywell a chocolate teapot hurts a bit. :(

Are there figures available for number of approaches since the inception? :?:
By SteveX
What salary would be reasonable for this? I haven't a clue what would be considered average. Someone who has the basics say inc. the AFISO and has the knowledge from say a smaller airfield but knows the licensing requirements and has estate management experience?

40k, 50, 60????
By GrahamB
CloudHound wrote:Calling 3 years of my life's work to obtain said approach on behalf of Sywell a chocolate teapot hurts a bit. :(

Sadly, the truth often does, but that says more about the dinosaurs in the CAA than yourself, I'm sure.
Iceman liked this