Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By JonBoy
Just wondering how people are getting on with the Customer Portal? I’ve registered with everything I need to now.

On Cellma, my medical status seems correct (new PMD) - did a new one just because I could - and also because the old one wasn’t showing on the new system. The system has an option to print/ save a copy of the PMD which is nice as I like to have a piece of paper to show these things. It has a nice statement as to what it is but there’s no mention of personal details like name, licence number etc, so anyone could have given it to me...!

On the e-licensing, it shows my licence ok - just a UK Poo Brown PPL with the correct ratings (albeit expiry dates not updated) - the licence number shown however is a totally different number, one which I have never seen before. Wondered if anyone else has that? My CAA reference number throughout the portal is correct.

(All this is just for fun really - my main (FCL) licence is with a different state-of-issue.)
By riverrock
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
If I go to https://portal.caa.co.uk/ as linked to from https://www.caa.co.uk/Our-work/About-us ... er-portal/
I get:
Sorry, something has gone wrong with what you were trying to do. Please try again, and let us know if it reoccurs. Our support details can be found via the Help screen.

Return to Sign In

The Return to Sign In link also doesn't work.

That's not a good start.
By riverrock
probably - although I suspect that this was just a glitch, as it now lets me login.
I assume you have to apply for services such as e-licencing & medical before you can see additional details, such as their record of what licence you have.
By johnm
This prompted me to log on. The formatting is infantile and the site is more slow and clunky than a really slow and clunky thing but most of my medical stuff seems to be there though half of it I don't really understand as a layman.
By Irv Lee
The experience that I am getting from this new portal (not having used it), is that there must be a lot of 50+ pilots who only fly lapl-like in the UK on a ppl-sep and class 2 and do not realise they can have another year on the lapl medical without renewing the class 2. I know because I have had 3 calls today already, pilots worried they cannot seem to register at the portal and need a medical... they think. After a little telephonic probing, it turns out they don't
I just received an email advising I can now access the medical section. Having done so I see my Class 2 history, but not my recent (as in a couple of weeks ago) PMD.

Can someone advise if it should be shown, or whether the CAA reply email is all that is required?

Do I need to do it again through the portal? :?

TIA
By DavidC
My ratings in the Portal don’t match those on my printed licence and never did - presumably the data to print it comes from somewhere else. There doesn’t seem to be any updating done when reporting revalidations, and no easy way to request corrections (e.g by uploading the revalidation form)

This is a real mess and desperately needs some competent management to sort it out.

It could be quite good and potentially solve most of the huge delays and errors in the current manual process.
By PatT
I admit to being a complete idiot, but after getting the email from the CAA stating

"Your Service Access Request for the service 'EC Rebate' has been granted.

To access the service, please log in to your portal account and click on the service name under "Your Services".

Thank you.
Civil Aviation Authority"

I can find no way to log in ???

Seems like a Catch 22 situation
Help!
By SteveX
Won't the class 2s etc show in the portal because they are certificates issued by the CAA, hence in 'certificates'. PMDs shouldn't show since they are just declarations by the pilot? The CAA don't issue PMDs.
SteveX wrote:The CAA don't issue PMDs.

They do in the form of a receipt for your application. Not recording your application on the system is a failing. Following any incident in the future I would bet the check for medical status would be on the new electronic system. My concern is that no record of one's application could be determined as not having a medical of any description.

It's plain common sense wrong. A needless oversight with potential negative consequences.