Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Dave W
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Some of you may not see the Livestream or follow Flyer on Youtube, so...

I presented this Webinar for the FLYER Club on 23 March to explain the rule changes for flying ourselves into Europe since the end of the Brexit Transition Period on 31 December 2020.

For those of you not FLYER Club members (go on - it's only £2.50 a month), Ian has now made it available to all.

Some of the slides are already out of date, but in a good way: French Law changed from 1 April to allow homebuilt and some historic Permit aircraft from the UK to fly in France again without specific permission. So back to the pre-1 Jan 2021 position. Thanks to DGAC and the CAA, along with the LAA, BMAA and AOPA for sorting this out.

I have corrected the Reference copy of the slides, which you can find with other useful stuff at http://www.tinyurl.com/goingforeign

Oh, and sorry about my inability to tell pennies from pounds in the section on Fuel Duty Drawback. :oops: I have corrected that in the slides Reference copy too.

P.S. We plan to do a couple more of these for the FLYER Club. One on the Basics, one on flying further into Europe than Le Touquet (including "How do I deal all that red stuff* on the French chart?"), and another on Safety & Survival aspects - especially of crossing the Channel/Irish Sea etc.

*Spoiler alert: "Easily"!
mick w, Aerials liked this