Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By kestrel539
Flying Dutch
You wrote "The major beneficiaries of PMD are pilots of gliders and small SEPs - as we saw from the uproar by those affected when the sub 2000kg category was lost briefly."
Does this mean we have regained the <2000kg PMD for use with the LAPL(S) or SFPL?
That would be very nice.
Kestrel 539
... although an expired photocard driving licence or expired passport is not accepted by lots of authorities/institutions as a proof of ID, so using one of those as photo ID for pilot licence might give difficulties at a ramp check.
JAFO liked this
By SteveX
GAFlyer4Fun wrote:... although an expired photocard driving licence or expired passport is not accepted by lots of authorities/institutions as a proof of ID, so using one of those as photo ID for pilot licence might give difficulties at a ramp check.

Sure I'd have a valid passport and original license overseas. But not in UK where the expired date doesn't change the fact the face and name haven't suddenly changed!
By RisePilot
SteveX wrote:Why the need to print off and keep with oneself? There is no requirement. Like the 'what's in my bag' thread - in mine is a COPY of my license and an EXPIRED passport for ID. If I lose either, nothing lost.

Why the preoccupation with "I might lose it" on this forum?

You're grown men; do we have to pin it to your shirt like a five year old? Do you not take bank cards or cash with you when you leave the house - for fear of losing it?
JAFO liked this
By SteveX
LOL and fair point. For me its the hassle of replacing something I need not have lost or had nicked in the first place. So carry one of my two (in date) passports around when in UK, nope, just not needed. Same with the PPL, how long would that take to replace at present! As for credit cards, two in the wallet and two left at home all the time. A third comes out on holidays and is kept separate eg in the car. It's my TEM strategy..............
By RisePilot
SteveX wrote:LOL and fair point. For me its the hassle of replacing something I need not have lost or had nicked in the first place. So carry one of my two (in date) passports around when in UK, nope, just not needed. Same with the PPL, how long would that take to replace at present! As for credit cards, two in the wallet and two left at home all the time. A third comes out on holidays and is kept separate eg in the car. It's my TEM strategy..............

You don't seem to trust yourself. Are you sure flying is for you?
By SteveX
LOL, I better not mention the key that is buried in my garden in case I lose my set whilst out. Which of course does away with the need to smash a window to get in and the resulting costs. Or having all my photos backed up on two HDs one of which is not in my house in case it burns. OCD or just a sensible precaution for that one in a million scenario?

Imagine losing an original PPL and passport a week before due to go on holiday overseas.