Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By johnm
Coooo :thumleft:

I have now got audible warnings for traffic and I’ve been able to silence airspace and terrain. Skydemon is brilliant and so are you lot! :thumleft:
gaznav, Tim Dawson liked this
By low&slow
Dave W wrote:
low&slow wrote:No. If you have a properly set up aerial you can see Flarm traffic from 10km or more away.

It's technically impressive but I worry it's a distraction to be engaging in any way anything that isn't an immediate or emerging threat.

Not really. The radar screen on the nav app only shows contacts within 2km & autohides if there's nothing within 2km. The Flarmview on the coaming is set to a 2km radius zoom & lock on to nearest. If the nearest is more than 2km away it doesn't show as a 'radar' contact but I will see distance & relative height to that target. So I know that I can detect aircraft at a distance but only nearby contacts are plotted on warning screens.
By matthew_w100
low&slow wrote:Not really. The radar screen on the nav app only shows contacts within 2km & autohides if there's nothing within 2km.

Hang on - what nav app? The thing inbuilt in PAW? That may be my problem.