Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Genghis the Engineer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:FCL has been **** for a long time. I had to write to the then CEO in 2016 when I waned to add an aerator rating. They had no clue about their own rules.

The notable exception the SOLI process but I suspect the threat of legal action for any delay causing loss of licence was probably very much realised by those involved.

I advise everyone with an issue to write to their CEO as anything else just doesn't work.

Agree on the last point. the more that happens, the more the CAA board, which doesn't contain many aviation professionals, will start to realise how critical this is.

I'm hoping that was an autocorrect issue on the first point, and the CAA isn't getting involved in machines to poke holes in lawns ?

G
By proteus
Genghis the Engineer wrote:I'm hoping that was an autocorrect issue on the first point, and the CAA isn't getting involved in machines to poke holes in lawns ?

G

I assume the CAA still cover the F104 ? :)
By Genghis the Engineer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
MattL wrote:
Don’t know if @Genghis the Engineer has had success yet?

For the record, yes!

As of today, I now have an emailed scan of a licence with an Instrument Rating on it from Ireland, and am assured that both my UK and Irish licences, with IRs, are on their way to me by courier.

And I am feeling deeply relieved.

G
kanga, T6Harvard liked this