Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By NDB_hold
No, I had the same problem on Wednesday going down to Lee on Solent. I don’t know if the new setup works as ther was no one there except one glider on tow (and I’ve not yet paid for the FLARM bit though I will).

What do the stats reported in SkyDemon mean? Are the aircraft detected on this flight, or since the device was first set up?
By Miscellaneous
Well, to date my Mk1 eyeball is outperforming my SE2.

Thursday's flight I saw one heli just south of the airfield conducting power cable inspections, SE2 alerted me of zero and has yet to alert me to any in about 4 hours or so flying since purchased! :lol:
By mick w
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Miscellaneous wrote:Well, to date my Mk1 eyeball is outperforming my SE2.

Thursday's flight I saw one heli just south of the airfield conducting power cable inspections, SE2 alerted me of zero and has yet to alert me to any in about 4 hours or so flying since purchased! :lol:

They've all got PAW :lol:
Miscellaneous, Rob P, aligee and 1 others liked this
By Shoestring Flyer
I went to Shobdon last Tuesday.It was a bit chaotic with paradropping but a brilliant visit and very good to get back in the air.
Picked up lots of traffic with my newly installed PowerFlarm Fusion, V3+ combo, really impressed with it.
RayP liked this
By Miscellaneous
NDB_hold wrote:What do the stats reported in SkyDemon mean? Are the aircraft detected on this flight, or since the device was first set up?

Iceman wrote:Per flight.

Thinking this through, my understanding is that the SE2 records all detections and warns of those as per the settings. Therefore the number detected is of little practical use. Am I correct?
By SteveX
Interesting to see a 152 last night on FR circling Manchester city centre at 2030z. Seemed to be Sleap area to Manchester to Blackpool then return, night SEP over a city centre................
By MichaelP
......done it many many times.
It’s safer than being night VFR over darkened ground, mountains, or even water.
There are lit places that offer the chance for a forced landing, or a safer crash!

If there are docks...
Container storage areas... Anywhere a sixty foot container can go sideways.
Parking lots.
By skydriller
Last flight around my local area before un mois du confinement...

(Hourtin Plage - the odd looking green/yellow haze that is drifting from land to sea is really that colour, its large clouds of pollen from the pine forests wafting skyward)

Iceman, mick w, Charles Hunt and 2 others liked this
By NDB_hold
Miscellaneous wrote:
NDB_hold wrote:What do the stats reported in SkyDemon mean? Are the aircraft detected on this flight, or since the device was first set up?

Iceman wrote:Per flight.

Thinking this through, my understanding is that the SE2 records all detections and warns of those as per the settings. Therefore the number detected is of little practical use. Am I correct?

Helps me though check that the cockpit position of the SE2 works OK - though of course I don’t know how many targets it didn’t see.
Miscellaneous liked this