Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Miscellaneous
I had been doing a little light maintenance, so a ground run was in order before taking the cowling off and checking all was in order. A ground run not being quite the same as flying I thought it prudent to have a 'circuit' or two. Did that, landed, cowling off again to check all was still in order and that nothing had gone amiss at higher power levels. Satisfied all remained in order it was time to fly and enjoy it without being afraid of straying more than 10 miles and wondering who on the ground was Googling the CAA complaints number.

Frustrated at the weather only a few days ago, I may have been. However, it was worth the wait. :D Look away @Dave W one wouldn't want to upset you with blue Highland skies. :wink:

Mountains everywhere, everywhere I tell ya…..or at least as far as the MK1 could see. :D Oh don't I feel better tonight. :D

Thought I'd share a few of the mountains. Although I have to say I'm disappointed in them. They are from the GoPro and as usual with it everything seems further away with less depth perception. Rest assured my MK1s did the extent of it justice, it was absolutely stunning!!

mick w, patowalker, Dave W and 12 others liked this
By Dave W
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Miscellaneous wrote:Look away @Dave W one wouldn't want to upset you with blue Highland skies. :wink:

Not at all! :D
Unfortunately we have a slight hiatus; we got airborne again on Tuesday but returned with an intermittent electrical snag so grounded again, TEMPO.

Bah, Humbug!
T6Harvard liked this
By Peter Gristwood
Miscellaneous wrote:
Mountains everywhere, everywhere I tell ya…..or at least as far as the MK1 could see. :D Oh don't I feel better tonight. :D

Thought I'd share a few of the mountains. Although I have to say I'm disappointed in them. They are from the GoPro and as usual with it everything seems further away with less depth perception. Rest assured my MK1s did the extent of it justice, it was absolutely stunning!!

You had much better viz than we've had. Monday was fine, but since Tuesday it's been increasingly poor and cars getting covered in Saharan dust.
By Miscellaneous
Peter Gristwood wrote:...and cars getting covered in Saharan dust.

Fret not, our cars are likely to have a covering in the coming days, granted of snow and not sand. :wink:

Dave W wrote:Unfortunately we have a slight hiatus; we got airborne again on Tuesday but returned with an intermittent electrical snag so grounded again, TEMPO.

Unfortunate indeed Dave, Murphy's Law. Hopefully it won't be too big a job and you'll get flying over the weekend. :thumright:

Rob L wrote:You are a complete swine, Misc; a pig of the N'th order; an order slightly lower than a low thing in in the lowest order possible :wink:

What beautiful photos! May be later this year :thumright: .

Sorry Rob. :D I'm sure you'll manage up this year. :thumright:

I know you are familiar with the scenery, here's a wee clip to keep you going until you visit. :wink:

The scenery will be here just waiting to be appreciated by you. :D

Iceman, Hooligan, Dave W and 2 others liked this
By Dave W
Miscellaneous wrote:Unfortunate indeed Dave, Murphy's Law. Hopefully it won't be too big a job and you'll get flying over the weekend. :thumright:

Simple loose connection; flew this morning. Fabulous. :D :D
JAFO, Miscellaneous, mick w and 1 others liked this
By Miscellaneous
Dave W wrote:Simple loose connection; flew this morning. Fabulous. :D :D

Fantastic news. :thumright: Where's the pics?? :wink:

@Iceman, as I reminisced about us watching the winching training (in the rain if I recall?) I thought it would be remiss of me not to to give a shout out to these fellas on the very day the Scottish stay home guidance was relaxed. It seems it was only a matter of hours in to the relaxing of stay home until their Return to Flying resumed for real. I understand this wasn't a practice. I think they landed to pick up some mountain rescue guys?

Keep up the good work guys and gals, it's appreciated. :thumright:

kanga, T6Harvard, Iceman and 1 others liked this
By Iceman
@Miscellaneous, I seem to recall that we offered our services as ‘willing victims’ for a winch and ride, but they didn’t take us up on our offer :lol:.

Iceman 8)
By Miscellaneous
Iceman wrote:@Miscellaneous, I seem to recall that we offered our services as ‘willing victims’ for a winch and ride, but they didn’t take us up on our offer :lol:.)

Do I recall the refusal of our offer was something to do with the SWL of the winch? :wink:

Wasn't such a relaxed experience today, they were very more business like with a sense of urgency. I stayed out their way.
Iceman, Charles Hunt liked this