Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
johnm wrote:I rather suspect that charges for turbines and helicopters are based on perceived ability to pay....and the ongoing landing fee debate always has me in 2 minds. People who will pay £200 plus to fly for an hour then complain about a £20 landing fee and a £5 sandwich....but expect someone to find a way of keeping the airfield open and the caff going.....

When the landing fee is substantially more than the fuel cost for a trip I look for alternatives, predatory pricing just drives people away.... I am fortunate that a Caravan can use 300m of grass as an alternative to being gouged nearly 10 times the landing fee of our Comanche..... used an excellent grass strip instead of Old Buck which turned out to be more convenient anyway.....and in the case of Sywell we were only going to have dinner and stay in their Hotel....had dinner elsewhere instead, jolly good it was to....not paying £140 to land paid the bar bill.
Rob P, Dave W, Iceman and 4 others liked this
Shoestring Flyer wrote:..
Keep putting landing fees up and less people will visit!

.. but, in a snobbery hierarchy, fewer of the 'less' people (those in the Commaches rather than the Caravans) will visit .. :wink:
By Forfoxake
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Miscellaneous wrote:Well, the Glenforsa Hotel opened today. Nice fresh looking website with a wee video that stirs the inner emotions. Airfield should be open soon. :thumright:

Can you spot Keef's bench? :D

Airfield website still saying airfield open on May 1st.

PS Nice to see Bella in video.
Last edited by Forfoxake on Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.