Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
neilgeddes wrote:..
I landed a PA28 almost across the runway in a stonking crosswind :shock:

.. and I, in a Robin, effectively took off across it (started my roll well short of the A1 hold in the taxiway), having been refused permission to use any part of old N-S cross runway which was almost exactly into the strong S'ly wind :? I used very little of 12 before becoming airborne.
bit of thread drift, but I landed at Norwich once, and was told to exit 2nd left.

I don't think the controller thought I would land so short, (Controller Genuinely said too me on Final... "G-EF .. are you ok? or are you too high and will have to go around?")

It turned out what I counted as the first exit was in fact the exit to the SAR helicopters, so I turned next left, which was the first exit, and had to wait for the taxi way to clear as a passenger jet went past, ... "look at the funny little aeroplane mummy".

I've only been to Norwich Airport twice... I do want to go back again.
Peter Gristwood wrote:I'm sure the leaders will enjoy the Newquay experience of 'gale-force mist'.

.. especially the German speakers ? :)
Peter Gristwood, Rob P, Charles Hunt and 3 others liked this
By ROG
Went to Norwich on one occasion. As I arrived another guy came in from Cardiff.
We were both directed to a customs shed--I can only wonder if he was smuggling sheep out of Wales into England,
Must admit someone once said to me on departure--take me to Southend or else. I didn"t know where Else was so took him to Southend--that"ll teach him.
By mick w
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
ROG wrote:Went to Norwich on one occasion. As I arrived another guy came in from Cardiff.
We were both directed to a customs shed--I can only wonder if he was smuggling sheep out of Wales into England,
Must admit someone once said to me on departure--take me to Southend or else. I didn"t know where Else was so took him to Southend--that"ll teach him.

Wrong Thread :wink:
Newquay is not the real problem, getting any armada of helicopters somewhere near the ultimate venue is a primary issue - Tesco's car park won't really do for Heads-of-State. Bet they've forgotten their tide-tables too when planning to land on the beach. Bare in mind the fact that half the country will be holidaying in Cornwall because they can't go overseas, the roads will be utterly log-jammed. The choice of venue is simply ridiculous - lovely place, don't get me wrong, but for this exercise, absolutely nuts. Biden's lot will be all over it like the plague and tearing hair out at how much of a security and logistical nightmare it will be. On a normal day it's an hour's drive from Newquay to Carbis Bay, on a post-pandemic holiday, June G7 summit day, at least double that.
PeteSpencer wrote:
Or repainting the bog on King’s Lynn station when the Queen is due to come to Sandringham :wink:

When Princess Anne opened our hospital all the toilets were deep cleaned at 06.00 then placed out of bounds to all patients and staff.
She left at 14.30 ................ :oops:
mick w liked this