Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Nasty JAR
Something to celebrate, no?

I had my first solo there in the 90s and I never thought I would go back due to cost. Landing at £50 is not cheap, but at least it is not the previous "go away and stay away" level of pricing.
James Chan liked this
By D&O
WelshRichy wrote:
CloudHound wrote:There's always Cumbernauld ye know!
http://www.cumbernauldairport.org

Of course and handy for Glasgow, Edinburgh and Stirling. :D

Fully agree- I went up there last September to see a friend. Highly recommend Cumbernauld - very friendly and quiet apart from a few locally based Electricity Inspection Helos.
By James Chan
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
That’s a much much better price! :thumleft:

Two years ago prices started from around £80 if the aero club could take you in or from around £250 if not.

I look forward to updating the price league table later this year at viewtopic.php?t=111967&cmpredirect when things return to normal again.
By skydriller
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
James Chan wrote:That’s a much much better price! :thumleft:

Two years ago prices started from around £80 if the aero club could take you in or from around £250 if not.

I look forward to updating the price league table later this year at viewtopic.php?t=111967&cmpredirect when things return to normal again.

One suspects that once things return to "normal" then prices will too.. :(
G-JWTP, flybymike liked this
By aerofurb
It used to be GA friendly - 1979 Qualifying Cross Country, Dundee > Perth > Glasgow > Dundee.

'Join right base, number two to a Trident, report when you have it visual'... :shock: