Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Cub wrote:
malcolmfrost wrote:When you come to setting up, none of the current browsers will accept a numerical address in the address bar.

Really? I have just tried the current versions of Safari and Chrome which let me.

....and so does mine now! Wouldn't you know it :D
By Tim Dawson
SkyDemon developer
Hopefully you'll find SkyDemon does the necessary SkyEcho setup by itself, without you needing to use the browser-based tool. At least in most common cases.
By seanxair
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Tim Dawson wrote:Hopefully you'll find SkyDemon does the necessary SkyEcho setup by itself, without you needing to use the browser-based tool. At least in most common cases.

@Tim Dawson as you are around and don't mind me asking here - each time I log in to Skydemon with SE2 it says I'm configured to a different aircraft to mine but my details are there? Have I missed a setting somewhere. It was configured via the SE2 set up page initially before you guys added the easy bit but have been through it again for the same result.

Thanks,

Sean
By seanxair
Miscellaneous wrote:@seanxair check what aircraft you have selected in SD to plan the flight. I found SD assumes it is the correct one and if the SE2 differs, it is seen as incorrect.

My own aircraft. I'm messing about with different tablets so it may be device specific?
By PeteSpencer
1)SE Setup is asking for FLARM ID: I have just purchased a Flarm sub and iThingy recognises in SD this: Where do I find 'FLARM ID' for the SE setup page?(8.3.7)

2)Assuming I finally set it up, is there anyway I can test SE /SD combo on iPad is working short of going flying? I.e. from home from a/c overhead?(Appreciate I'd need to be outside).
Last edited by PeteSpencer on Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By GrahamB
PeteSpencer wrote:SE Setup is asking for FLARM ID: I have just purchased a Flarm and iThingy recognises in SD this: Where do I find 'FLARM ID' for the SE setup page?

You don’t. You only put that in if you are transmitting from a FLARM device as well, so it knows to ignore you.
PeteSpencer liked this
@seanxair indeed, you may find you have, for example, the standard aircraft selected on a particular device. In my case I had been planning a route in SD with a different aircraft and had failed to put it back. This resulted in a warning that the SE2 was configured with the incorrect aircraft, when in fact it had been my failure to re select my own in SD. Of course my first call was to check the SE2 configuration for a while and do some head scratching until the penny dropped. :oops:

It would be less confusing if SD just advised an aircraft configuration conflict, rather than specifically saying the SE2 is incorrectly configured.
seanxair liked this
By Cub
PeteSpencer wrote:2)Assuming I finally set it up, is there anyway I can test SE /SD combo on iPad is working short of going flying? I.e. from home from a/c overhead?(Appreciate I'd need to be outside).

You could deselect the transmit mode and watch to your hearts content.
By seanxair
@Miscellaneous I'm just hitting the Go Flying tab and selecting SE2 as the GPS provider etc. It says I'm not configured but shows my aircraft details which are pretty specific and saved to cloud. In turn the details are replicated on each tablet.
By PeteSpencer
How long should SE GPS take to find itself at initial set up? I've been waiting for an hour (outdoors of course) and still nada....

Disregard:
Fan-bloody-tastic: All set up and running: sat outside watching Apaches going in and out of Wattisham and tin overhead.

Just need to get a/c out of annual now....... :thumleft:
Last edited by PeteSpencer on Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By johnm
PeteSpencer wrote:How long should SE GPS take to find itself at initial set up? I've been waiting for an hour (outdoors of course) and still nada....

Mine took ages as well, but after I went outdoors having had it sit by the window it captured fairly swiftly. Log on and see how many satellites it can see....
By Cub
PeteSpencer wrote:How long should SE GPS take to find itself at initial set up? I've been waiting for an hour (outdoors of course) and still nada....

Make sure you have a really clear view of the sky and it can take quite a while. Once it knows where it is and starts speaking with a Suffolk accent, it should be almost instant in the future.