Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
https://www.flyer.co.uk/skyecho-tops-caas-electronic-conspicuity-rebate-scheme/

Rather than kick off yet another polarised argument between zealots, I would just comment that it is really great news to see that the vast majority of sales, regardless of manufacturer, appear to enable a common interoperable standard of electronic emission in the GA fleet - ADS-B Out

This has to be good news and offers a real safety benefit to all airspace users.
Last edited by Cub on Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iceman, BEX, T6Harvard and 7 others liked this
I was interested to read this:

SkyEcho 868 rebates claimed
Pilot Aware Rosetta 302
FLARM 143
Certified GNSS source for Mode S transponder including a GNSS position source 53
Power FLARM 35
ADS-B Out capable transponder inclusive of GNSS position source (Mode S enabled) 29
ADS-B Out capable transponder without GNSS position source (Mode S) 26
Other 32

I couldn’t figure out the “other”? Especially when the CAA listed:

ADS-B Out capable transponder inclusive of GNSS position source (Mode S ES Enabled).
ADS-B Out capable transponder without GNSS position source (Mode S ES)
Certified GNSS source for Mode S ES transponders (Including a GNSS position sources in line with the recently published AIC2019Y141, example being Trig TN72)
FLARM
Power FLARM
Pilot Aware Rosetta
Sky Echo 2

Any ideas on the “other”? :?:
Credit where credit is due - I cannot fault the CAA rebate process.

Waited for Transair to have stock at the end of Jan and ordered and received device. Submitted rebate form and within 9 days (including weekends) I had the rebate in my account.

Everything is now ready to go once flying season is unleashed!
gaznav, WhoWhenWhy? liked this
gaznav wrote:I was interested to read this:

SkyEcho 868 rebates claimed
Pilot Aware Rosetta 302
FLARM 143
Certified GNSS source for Mode S transponder including a GNSS position source 53
Power FLARM 35
ADS-B Out capable transponder inclusive of GNSS position source (Mode S enabled) 29
ADS-B Out capable transponder without GNSS position source (Mode S) 26
Other 32

I couldn’t figure out the “other”? Especially when the CAA listed:

ADS-B Out capable transponder inclusive of GNSS position source (Mode S ES Enabled).
ADS-B Out capable transponder without GNSS position source (Mode S ES)
Certified GNSS source for Mode S ES transponders (Including a GNSS position sources in line with the recently published AIC2019Y141, example being Trig TN72)
FLARM
Power FLARM
Pilot Aware Rosetta
Sky Echo 2

Any ideas on the “other”? :?:

We are certainly selling ping 1090s to the UAS community. Maybe a few of those?
gaznav liked this
Perhaps some of the lesser known, or at least on this forum, items might be included I.e.
GARMIN GDL50
TRX - 2000
Aérobits Combined ADS-B and FLARM Unit.
There are also some certified kit based on FLARM OEM that add ADS-B and ARINC data format for some of the certified display kit.
Marvin wrote:Perhaps some of the lesser known, or at least on this forum, items might be included I.e.
GARMIN GDL50
TRX - 2000
Aérobits Combined ADS-B and FLARM Unit.
There are also some certified kit based on FLARM OEM that add ADS-B and ARINC data format for some of the certified display kit.

I thought it had to transmit something to be eligible?