Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Rob L
The weather in the east midlands was not conclusively safe for VFR flying, so Marcus and I concluded it was better to drive both Messrs Eddie Habberley (Spitfire, Burma and East Indies) and Maurice Marriot (Nav, Lancaster, Wellington) to Halfpenny Green. Marcus very kindly drove both Veterans to Halfpenny Green where I met them all.

Eddie and Maurice live locally to each other in Northampton (and meet up regularly in their local social club). Maurice is 96, and still drives; Eddie is 98 and has only recently stopped driving.
They are both fit as a fiddle with all their faculties.

Thank you Graham for the hard work you and your team do; it was great to see the interaction between Eddie and young Jack.

Rob
bogopper, kanga liked this
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Deeply as it grieves me to say this, I think it right that PP should end as WW2 veterans reach the end of the road. It has been a remarkable event and utterly focussed on the veterans, and like many other pilot participants it has been a joy and a privilege to take part. If it begins to look for reasons to perpetuate itself then that goes against all it stood for in some ways. Others may think differently of course.

The last one might include a fitting tribute to Ian, a remarkable man in his own right.
George, AndyR, Lefty and 1 others liked this
By Lefty
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Very sad to hear that Ian has lost the fight. He wasn’t at all well at Wolverhampton in September.

I’ve been privileged to be part of PP right from the first planning meetings with Gideon in Ian’s flat in London.

It has been a phenomenal success and has allowed me to make friends with so many wonderful WW2 aircrew. However now that so few of the WW2 veterans are still fit enough to participate, I think it is the right time to bring PP to a close.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at Wolverhampton next year. Let’s make it a day to remember, and fitting tribute to both Ian, and all the veterans we have been privileged to know.
scd975, Tony Y., kanga liked this