Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
I mean I can only try and imagine what that must have felt like. They were probably amazed that the aircraft still rolled out normally.

The 737 (like any aircraft) can develop a high rate of descent if not flared enough/power chopped too early but is generally very resilient to hard landings. Often what feels spine breaking inside doesn't even trigger the hard landing alert.

There but for the grace of God...
A classic "touch late on the round-out, Hoskins".....

A gliding friend of mine flew 707's in Africa in the 1970's with very few approach aids, ATC or weather info.

He told us he held the company record for bursting open all of the baggage lockers along one side on one "slightly firm" arrival. Combination of engines slow to spool up and a bit of windshear - I believe however that the 707 was quite strongly built....
Edward Bellamy wrote:I mean I can only try and imagine what that must have felt like. They were probably amazed that the aircraft still rolled out normally.

The 737 (like any aircraft) can develop a high rate of descent if not flared enough/power chopped too early but is generally very resilient to hard landings. Often what feels spine breaking inside doesn't even trigger the hard landing alert.

There but for the grace of God...

A fellow Ryanair landing survivor I see :wink:
Edward Bellamy, Iceman liked this
Looks as rough when one friend was landing using his Synt-Vision with some AngleOfAttack indicator, I allmost lost my teeth that day :lol:

Funny how I did see 10G comming in the last 2ft and I did nothing appart from clenching my ar**, I was busy scrolling my tablet for Uber/Taxi :eye:

I wonder if aerodrome insurance paid for runway damage :lol: ?