Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
SteveX wrote:... a form to do with 'certification', WTF??!

That form does not mention 'certification' and "do what you want" has never been an aspect of LAA Approval.
I'd get your money back from your educators, if I were you.
JodelDavo, Smaragd, Flying_john and 3 others liked this
patowalker wrote:Seems I am not only capable of disrupting airspace, but airwaves as well. :D

That approval citing easa 210.045 is the Mod 11 to change the receiver board as some French interogators were not working with Funke receiver.

Birdyboy1 wrote:Curious, I had a G5 TRT800H ADS-B approved in June after submitting test results with print outs from 'getyourwings' software. I also use similar in my own aircraft using Aera500 and TRT800. Also had the claim for £250 from CAA upheld for a TRT800 to go in the one I am building.

But this is to confirm you have a device that sends SIL = 0 etc, not that the transponder you are using has an EASA Type approval and it has been signed by an inspector and not submitted to LAA as a minor Mod as the OP has done. As for the rebate -i dont think the rebate department are checking you have an ADSB type approved transponder before they payout.

I think all of this discussion needs to have Funke involved since either they believe they have necessary approvals to sell an ADSB transponder in which case LAA have to be convinced, or they are cheating 100's of customers who have purchased on the strength of their advert claims and ought to be taken up by the equivelent of our trading standards in Germany.
Flying_john wrote:or they are cheating 100's of customers who have purchased on the strength of their advert claims and ought to be taken up by the equivelent of our trading standards in Germany.

I think this is the more likely. However in aviation we have long paid for the mistakes of the manufacturers in ADs and so on. Normal consumer law doesn't seem to apply to aviation.

Garmin also claimed ADS-B compatibility with their GTX-330, then quoted almost the price of a new transponder to "upgrade".
T67M liked this
Flying_john wrote:That approval citing easa 210.045 is the Mod 11 to change the receiver board as some French interogators were not working with Funke receiver.

I know, I paid for it. My transpoder was built in 2008, so can hardly be expected to meet C166b, which came into effect four years later. I may be disappointed, but have no cause for complaint. As a transponder it works perfectly.
JodelDavo wrote:
TheFarmer wrote:Why did my post get deleted?

Moderators ? :?

You velly naughty boy!! You questioned establishment Illuminati, tut tut.

You only live thrice Mr Marjorie Farmer :wink:

Yup, I think you are probably right. That must be it.

Or it could be this

Be nice, considerate and polite.
If you can't make your point without a personal attack, obvious or otherwise, don't make it at all.

or this

Identifying individuals whilst enjoying anonymity is a BIG no no

Ian
Dave W, MikeW, JodelDavo and 2 others liked this