Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
That would take Traumahawk to a new level :-)
By matspart3
The hulk of G-BGBW, photographed above outside the Aeros hangar, was at Gloucester until late last week, when it and various other ‘dead’ airframes were cut up and sold to a scrap metal dealer. I’ve pointed Aeros in the direction of the story and they were going to contact the scrappy and the police.
kanga liked this
By PeteSpencer
matspart3 wrote:The hulk of G-BGBW, photographed above outside the Aeros hangar, was at Gloucester until late last week, when it and various other ‘dead’ airframes were cut up and sold to a scrap metal dealer. I’ve pointed Aeros in the direction of the story and they were going to contact the scrappy and the police.

@matspart3 I'd be very interested to hear the feedback here:

Pls post if you get any.
By Wabash
Similar thing happened to a p47 thunderbolt cowl; fell of a scrap train after ww2 good ole farmer kept it and many years later in the Flixton museum it's now an super rare wartime paint swatch survivor. Suspect the Tommy door has some time to go before it reaches similar hallowed status though :lol:
T6Harvard, NickC liked this