Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
A new version 3 of the engagement document has been added with rather sketchy details including being able to make airborne requests for TDA access via Oban or Scottish info, and the TDAs only active if Windy says cloud base above 1500ft. Very little time, ie 2 days, to respond to these ideas / aspirations.
I am encouraged by the reason for refusal.
It is evident that during the initial engagement, Skyports Ltd considered and responded to the feedback received from stakeholders, however inadequate (or insufficient) time was given to stakeholders to allow an appropriate consideration of the revised proposal. In addition, we cannot adequately assess the effect to key stakeholders in an area already impacted by Temporary Danger Areas.
FrankS liked this
By riverrock
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
This Glenforsa one, they only provided, what, a week for replies on the updated version? They should have asked to extend the consultation period for, say, a month once they had an updated plan, or at least gone through all of the stake holders to confirm they had recieved the new plan and provided an opportunity to respond properly. The guy running it was presumably on a deadline...
I can imagine the public or the NHS response to “playboy pilots complain that drones carrying vital medical supplies will interfere with their fun”.
Yes I know we haven’t complained in that fashion yet.
Just looking at this from the public point of view.