Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
gaznav wrote:
Perhaps it would be better if you started another thread showing the results of your own testing and data, instead of bombing VGs thread which is discussing his ground station :wink:

Yeah, I could call it “Yet another SkyEcho2, PilotAware, ADSB out thread”? :lol:

On a serious note, I think it is sensible to discuss matters on the same threads if they are connected to the same broad subject title - aka SkyEcho, ADSB and PilotAware. :thumright:

I was thinking along the lines " Gaz's SE2 known known testing and sales promotion" thread.

On a serious note, this thread is more about the set up and testing of CalneW ground station (see OP) and I'd be happy to discuss your own testing, antenna polar gain diagrams, "known knowns" and your "CAP1391 ADS-B device detectable at 55km, then just 20-30km in other directions" query on your own known, known thread :wink:
VinceGod wrote:
Hi SL,

Would be interesting to understand / see the Antenna setup at PWEGBT as the PAW reception is very impressive.

Hello VG,

Here are a few photos stolen from Turwestons FB page.
The antennas are attached to the 'nut' on top of the tower on the West face (circled), the building being 4 stories + a bit.
As can be seen from the photos, the antennas have a clear view to the horizon, well above any nearby buildings which is important. To the south, the mast at Stokenchurch can be seen on a clear day which is about 45km.
So nothing high tech, simply high!
SL

VinceGod, kanga liked this
Straight Level wrote:
gaznav wrote:
Perhaps it would be better if you started another thread showing the results of your own testing and data, instead of bombing VGs thread which is discussing his ground station :wink:

Yeah, I could call it “Yet another SkyEcho2, PilotAware, ADSB out thread”? :lol:

On a serious note, I think it is sensible to discuss matters on the same threads if they are connected to the same broad subject title - aka SkyEcho, ADSB and PilotAware. :thumright:

I was thinking along the lines " Gaz's SE2 known known testing and sales promotion" thread.

Wow, and there was me reading VG’s original post (quote) “ I did this to help me understand the performance of my ground station (CalneW) and to see how each EC system compares to each other.”

Also, I do wonder how many times I need to tell you that I have no employment connection to uAvionix nor do I benefit from the sales of SkyEcho? Maybe I’m not speaking slowly enough for you? :roll:
kanga liked this
VinceGod wrote:Thanks, looks like the elevation of the antennas and the open views are the main factor giving the enhanced range. I will definitely seek to move my antennas onto the chimney of the house just need some better WX and a bit more LMR 400 cable.

VG,

It will be good to see (measure) the improvements once the antennas are re positioned.
ATB
SL