Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Our airfield has decided to shut, so no flying for us, regardless of the rules.

I’m off to LEGALLY go horse riding, stopping of for a visit to the driving range, to warm up for a round of golf.

Don’t get me started ;-)

Basically, it’s just depends whether you have access to an aircraft, and whether you can convince plod it’s a reasonable excuse to be outside your house.

Put some Golf clubs in the boot in case you’re stopped.

Or,.. tell him you are going to a Church.

Either is an acceptable reason.
Here we go again.

You could always try a forum search.

Travelling within a Tier 4 area
If you live in a Tier 4 area, you must not leave your home unless you have a reasonable excuse (for example, for work or education purposes). If you need to travel you should stay local – meaning avoiding travelling outside of your village, town or the part of a city where you live – and look to reduce the number of journeys you make overall. The list of reasons you can leave your home and area include, but are not limited to:

work, where you cannot work from home
accessing education and for caring responsibilities
visiting those in your support bubble – or your childcare bubble for childcare
visiting hospital, GP and other medical appointments or visits where you have had an accident or are concerned about your health
buying goods or services from premises that are open in Tier 4 areas, including essential retail, but these should be within your local area wherever possible
outdoor recreation or exercise. This should be done locally wherever possible, but you can travel a short distance within your Tier 4 area to do so if necessary (for example, to access an open space)
T67M wrote:I especially like this bit:

Tier 4 wrote:Private pilots can only take part in sport or leisure activities where they take place in an aircraft that is open to the air, i.e. not in an enclosed cockpit.

So even if flying solo, I have to use the Tiger Moth rather than the Firefly? :wall:

Or fly something which can be flown with the doors open. Subject to any speed restriction of course.

Nick
Interesting, a version I downloaded earlier said (for Tier 4)

Restrictions on GA activities

Private pilots can only take part in sport or leisure activities where they take place in the open air – this can be alone, with their household, support bubble, or, when alone, with one person from another household.

...... and now it reads

Restrictions on GA activities

Private pilots can only take part in sport or leisure activities where they take place in an aircraft that is open to the air, i.e. not in an enclosed cockpit. This can be alone, with their household, support bubble, or, when alone, with one person from another household.

I wonder when that changed !