Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By The Kissimmee Bum
FLYER Club Member (reader)  FLYER Club Member (reader)
First of all..... Didn’t that come round quick?!!!!!

Secondly.... Jeeziz ain’t that shot up?!!!!!!!! :shock:

Departure from my fave online insurer this year I’m afraid :(
By romille
If it's for a permit aircraft try the LAA insurance, this is my second year with them, much cheaper than the competition and easy to arrange.
By Rob L
The Kissimmee Bum wrote:First of all..... Didn’t that come round quick?!!!!!

Merry Christmas to you too! :evil:

Your message is entirely incomplete. Why don't you delete it and then re-post after the new year? Let the rest of us have have what cheer we can.

Rob
By Peter Gristwood
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Any explanation as to why? Hours are well down this year, so it isn't clear the risks have got higher, except that we and our aircraft are not in practice.

Despite the fact we might have wanted to fly, we couldn't, through no fault of our own, yet have paid our fixed costs for little benefit

I'm thinking of asking that nice Mr Johnson and his chum Shapps, Green or Fox (whatever he calls himself these days) and request them to pay towards these costs. After all they did order us not to fly...
By Iceman
I wrote elsewhere that lots of aircraft were put on ground risks only cover this year for long periods which will have contributed to a lower income for the insurance companies.

Iceman 8)
TheFarmer liked this
By ArthurG
It doesn't have to be a permit aircraft. They will insure CofA too, provided you're an LAA member. My CofA Grumman is covered by them.

romille wrote:If it's for a permit aircraft try the LAA insurance, this is my second year with them, much cheaper than the competition and easy to arrange.
By The Kissimmee Bum
romille wrote:If it's for a permit aircraft try the LAA insurance, this is my second year with them, much cheaper than the competition and easy to arrange.

Not permit but I did get a quote from them which was very competitive. About 32% lower than my current insurer in fact, :thumright:
By The Kissimmee Bum
PeteSpencer wrote:Try Flycovered

I did try them and they were very competitive. They were actually my preference because you just have to love that name!!! :)

Sadly since a year or so back they seem to have introduced an exclusion barring my group of aircraft which is a little bizarre. Hope they will regain some sense next year perhaps?
By The Kissimmee Bum
Rob L wrote:
The Kissimmee Bum wrote:First of all..... Didn’t that come round quick?!!!!!

Merry Christmas to you too! :evil:

Your message is entirely incomplete. Why don't you delete it and then re-post after the new year? Let the rest of us have have what cheer we can.

Rob

Sorry mate I’m afraid I don’t have the powers to advance or retard time. If I did I would retard it to well before renewal and it would be your round in the pub.
By Iceman
@The Kissimmee Bum, AAMOI, what is your group of aircraft for which FlyCovered will not insure you ?

Iceman 8)
By The Kissimmee Bum
Peter Gristwood wrote:Any explanation as to why? Hours are well down this year, so it isn't clear the risks have got higher, except that we and our aircraft are not in practice.

Despite the fact we might have wanted to fly, we couldn't, through no fault of our own, yet have paid our fixed costs for little benefit

I'm thinking of asking that nice Mr Johnson and his chum Shapps, Green or Fox (whatever he calls himself these days) and request them to pay towards these costs. After all they did order us not to fly...

No idea why premiums have shot up so. Bu**er all private flying done based on past years standards. I understand that incoming revenue is down by comparison but surely claim pay outs must be correspondingly down also?
By The Kissimmee Bum
Iceman wrote:@The Kissimmee Bum, AAMOI, what is your group of aircraft for which FlyCovered will not insure you ?

Iceman 8)

Vintage ex Mil.

I did speak to a nice lady with a broad Lancashire accent on th’phone but she just confirmed a no cover available scenario.

Disappointing but just stunned by the meteoric rise in premiums over a year where basically sod all has happened.

Money for old rope really.

The name Fly Covered kind of appealed to me too! :D
Iceman liked this
By 4535jacks
Glad I found this thread. I have just had a quote from Visicover who we have been with for the past 2 years and our premium has gone up from £1330 to £1850. So I will try the LAA insurance and FlyCovered.