Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
AlanM wrote:How does such an obtuse word get through the NOTAM police at AIS? They send ours back with a “2/10 see me” remark if slightly wrong.

Anyone got any good words I can try to get in a NOTAM????

Not a NOTAM, but whilst in the RAF I once (almost validly) wrote "transmogrified" in a signal!
kanga, AlanM liked this
Dominie wrote:
AlanM wrote:How does such an obtuse word get through the NOTAM police at AIS? They send ours back with a “2/10 see me” remark if slightly wrong.

Not a NOTAM, but whilst in the RAF I once (almost validly) wrote "transmogrified" in a signal!

Those oiks in Comcen would send anything. They would also give me ‘Top Secret/UK Eyes Alpha’ pieces of teleprinter if I had a leather satchel and a key!
NDB_hold liked this
'Without' is a great word to use to create confusion. It used to confuse the hell out of me during hymn singing in morning assembly - when I was at school (about three centuries ago):

'There is a green hill far away without a city wall...'

How about: 'All aircraft without controlled airspace to squawk...'?
kanga, Stu B, ChampChump liked this
AlanM wrote:
Dominie wrote:

Those oiks in Comcen would send anything. They would also give me ‘Top Secret/UK Eyes Alpha’ pieces of teleprinter if I had a leather satchel and a key!

Reminds me of our school staff instructor, ex-RMP, getting into RAF Uxbridge without ID because he was in RMP uniform...

As he pointed out, in his time in the RMP it was literally his job to try to do that, so he thought he'd give it a go!
kanga liked this