Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By vintage ATCO
It is reported elsewhere that a DA40 has had a runway excursion at Cranfield and that the tail 'has snapped off'. I know no more.

Aerodrome NOTAMed closed until 10:00 on Monday.
Last edited by vintage ATCO on Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Dodo
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
"A ‘full and free check’ prior to takeoff is in every aircraft’s checklist :roll: !

Iceman 8)"

But with unsecured stuff, full and free at the holding point doesn't mean it will be full and free if it tips backwards on take off.
Full Metal Jackass liked this
By Nick
If he was going to carry something in the P2 position, why, did he not put it on the seat and firmly strap it in place with the seat belt?

Nick
By Rob P
I simply can't picture anyone standing by the aeroplane with that big, relatively heavy, plastic container and thinking "I know where a good place to stow this would be" :scratch:

Rob P
By skydriller
You're telling me somebody employed the guy to (try to) fly it like that? :shock:
To mirror what @Rob P said, from the photo, how does anyone look at that and think "that'll work, no worries"...

Regards, SD..
XX liked this