Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Hooligan
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
kanga wrote:(ALAT, the 'Army Air Corps' of French Army, had Piper Tripacers. ISTR reading that some in Djibouti (when it was still a French colony as 'TFAI') were at one point locally armed as a precaution, although with what I don't know)

Kenya Police Air Wing Tri-Pacers were armed during the Mau Mau Rebellion - according to Wikipedia certainly used for dropping phosphorous grenades as markers but could also carry 4 x 20lb bombs - doesn't say if they were used as such but I'm sure I've read elsewhere that they were.
kanga liked this
The B-25 could be the optimum choice ; the two superb Dutch b-25 display's I've witnessed demonstrated quite exceptional low speed manoeuvrability for a bomber, one would think it capable of a few aeros too :wink: So in the B-25 you get to experience some proper heavy metal flying AND you can chuck it around like a fighter
By Hooligan
Wabash wrote:The B-25 could be the optimum choice ; the two superb Dutch b-25 display's I've witnessed demonstrated quite exceptional low speed manoeuvrability for a bomber, one would think it capable of a few aeros too :wink: So in the B-25 you get to experience some proper heavy metal flying AND you can chuck it around like a fighter

Jeff Hawke used to chuck his various B-25s around at displays, though fortunately I don't think he ever took it quite as far as Don Bullock did the A-26... The Dutch (Belgian?) display always strikes me as flown to a sensible limit.
By Flying_john
Iceman wrote:I only managed the Bell helicopter in 2019.

Iceman 8)

Although the Q's for the Heli rides were long they had 5 or six helicopters and we all sat politely in a theatre like marque moving up a few seats at a time and with a glorious view and a chance to sit for a while, it was our turn very quickly.
Iceman liked this
Hooligan wrote:
kanga wrote:(ALAT, the 'Army Air Corps' of French Army, had Piper Tripacers. ISTR reading that some in Djibouti (when it was still a French colony as 'TFAI') were at one point locally armed as a precaution, although with what I don't know)

Kenya Police Air Wing Tri-Pacers were armed during the Mau Mau Rebellion - according to Wikipedia certainly used for dropping phosphorous grenades as markers but could also carry 4 x 20lb bombs - doesn't say if they were used as such but I'm sure I've read elsewhere that they were.

There was one for sale on AFORS quite recently.