Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By skydriller
Very pleased to be corrected, but doesnt Belgium have a bit of a thing about "experimental" aeroplanes? I seem to recall issues (flight permission costs etc) with permit/homebuilt aeroplanes? Or is that now sorted? (Hope so).

Regards, SD..
By skydriller
CloudHound wrote:I’m not expecting life to be normal enough for such a trip by then

I am more optimistic. (I feel I have to be)
I actually think that if democratic governments dont allow such events and travel by then, there will be at best general disregard for the rules/law and at worst civil unrest. Look around right now - is this lockdown being followed by the average guy in the street in the same way as the last?

Unfortunately Im not so optimistic that as many will have the resources to be able to afford to fly as they did in 2019.

Regards, SD..
By patowalker
skydriller wrote:Very pleased to be corrected, but doesnt Belgium have a bit of a thing about "experimental" aeroplanes? I seem to recall issues (flight permission costs etc) with permit/homebuilt aeroplanes? Or is that now sorted? (Hope so).

Regards, SD..

That was sorted by means of Royal Decree of 8 June 2017, which grants free access to Belgian airspace for amateur built aircraft registered in an ECAC member state.

Ironically, France becomes a problem on 1 January, because its legislation grants free access to permit aircraft registered in EEA member states and Switzerland.
Last edited by patowalker on Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skydriller liked this