Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Bedtime reading. :)

ICAO doc. Possible impact of small UAS transmitting on 1090MHz
https://www.icao.int/NACC/Documents/Mee ... FOUT%20UAS

SESAR doc. European ATM Master Plan 2020
https://www.sesarju.eu/sites/default/fi ... 20View.pdf
A word search will illustrate the role ADS-B plays in the future of ATM.
gaznav, Keith Vinning liked this
@neilmurg

To save you having to go back to the first page of this thread:

So how do drones that emit ADS-B avoid PAW emitting aeronautical participants?

on a different note, the incessant attacks from PAW aficionados on Gaznav and making incorrect and false statements is loathsome and frankly should be honoured by having their posts donked or their accounts blocked. Ditto suggesting that Ian would go out of his way to make a particular product 'look bad'

Get over yourselves.

There is enough internet about for those who want to exercise their freedom without having to come on here to insult participants in debate and discourse.
gaznav liked this
johnm wrote:Well we’ve finally reached a decision powerflarm is the answer

Unsure if you are aware but Flarm are giving Europewide a special introductory deal on the new PowerFlarm Fusion until the end of January?
Still expensive of course but combined with the CAA rebate certainly makes it more attractive when you go through all its advantages.
johnm liked this
@Shoestring Flyer - you’re not kidding! It’s £1,500 even with the introductory deal on LX’s website. Then you need display devices and to have it installed as it’s not carry on kit. That’s a lot of wonga!

I can see it being popular for those with a current FLARM install that want to upgrade and utilise existing displays and antennae, but if it were me, then I’d want a bit more for my one and a half grand plus.

https://lxavionics.co.uk/index.php?rout ... uct_id=275
Yep, its expensive but it is what I have ordered and I consider the best on the market and for my aircraft.
Not going to go through it all on here so I suggest you do a bit of googling and reading but for me it has too many advantages to ignore!
Fit once and fit the best is the approach I am taking..
ls8pilot, gaznav, Nick liked this
Shoestring Flyer wrote:Yep, its expensive but it is what I have ordered and I consider the best on the market and for my aircraft.
Not going to go through it all on here so I suggest you do a bit of googling and reading but for me it has too many advantages to ignore!
Fit once and fit the best is the approach I am taking..

Remind me, how are you achieving ADS-B Out from your airframe?
It was suggested, early in this thread, that a big driver for the requirement for EC in the entire fleet, is UAS integration. At uAvionix we agree and also believe that this strategy will enable significant safety benefits from a sense, see and avoid perspective in the rest of the fleet.

Christian Ramsey, our company President, gave a UAS orientated presentation to the Commercial UAV Show a few days ago, and sharing this YouTube clip may help to explain our company's thoughts and philosophy in this area.

If having viewed the presentation, forumites have any questions, Christian and I will be happy to try and answer them.

gaznav liked this
Yes a good presentation promoting the benefits of ADS-B and the uAvionix products, rather one sided but you would expect that, and I think there is no denying that it is good to have both ADSB 'in and 'out' on your aircraft.
However it is a very clear that the presenter does not understand the particular EC issues we have on this side of the pond in relation to EC conspiquity of Gliders both in the UK and also in Europe where Flarm/PowerFlarm is in widespread use.
Integration of the two technologies, ADSB and Flarm needs more consideration by equipment manufacturers because Flarm is now too embedded in the gliding culture for them to easily change.
There is also no mention in the presentation or acceptance of the fact that Flarm and not ADSB is also being integrated in to some Drones in Europe, particularly Germany.
gaznav, Nick liked this
Cub wrote:Shoestring. I think the suggestion that we somehow ignore FLARM in the U.K. and Europe is a little unfair. We are one of very few manufacturers that have integrated native FLARM reception into our products.

Not really integrated though is it. Liberal use of the word I think.
I wouldn't exactly call a Flarm receive only piece of equipment, no transmit, with unencoded protocol which then passes it on to an EFB who has to unencode it by wifi exactly 'integrated'.
If uAvionix were to get into bed with Flarm and create a proper 'Integrated' ADSB /PowerFlarm 'in/out'product then we would be talking a serious piece of kit maybe.