Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
It'll be fine.

By the time they work through the application/interview process, and the successful applicants give their month's notice, there will be at least 5 minutes available for training on New Year's eve.

The vacancies will probably be filled internally anyway. I am sure there are plenty there that can do the job as well as cover their old job.
TopCat liked this
By Tall_Guy_In_a_PA28
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Lefty wrote:Does this suggest that negotiations to stay in EASA aren’t going too well?

Is there any evidence to suggest that any negotiations are even happening? I thought it was established that the UK is leaving EASA regardless of any other (no)deals?
G-BLEW wrote:
Lefty wrote:Does this suggest that negotiations to stay in EASA aren’t going too well?

The official line is that we are leaving EASA. The detail of what we will be doing instead has been thin, fanciful or non-existent.

Ian

I do detect that you are now becoming as cynical as the rest of us on here ? :D
By GrahamB
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I think the CAA were in a cleft stick regarding recruitment for jobs that would only exist if we were to leave EASA.

They've had to plan for leaving, but could hardly make a plausible case to candidates that jobs were real if there were still a tangible chance that the UK would remain in or have some sort of cooperation with EASA.