Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Trent772
Has anyone else encountered a long delay registering your details on the confusing website CAA Portal thingy ?

Been waiting over a week now for my personal details to be verified. Strange, they have know about me since 1975 :mrgreen:
I've got the sky echo but can't register for a portal! It won't accept my user name to proceed, tried at least 10 various user names, 3 different browsers, deleted cookies ,disabled ad locker and all firewalls,tried 3 different computers. Phoned CAA a couple of times said they would pass on toIT dept. Heard nothing for 3 weeks! Spent at least 5 hours trying! Any one else having problems?
mlawton wrote:I've got the sky echo but can't register for a portal! It won't accept my user name to proceed, tried at least 10 various user names, 3 different browsers, deleted cookies ,disabled ad locker and all firewalls,tried 3 different computers. Phoned CAA a couple of times said they would pass on toIT dept. Heard nothing for 3 weeks! Spent at least 5 hours trying! Any one else having problems?

If the usernames you chose complied with the rules, it is difficult to understand why they were not accepted.
My ID was verified quite quickly but my application denied :cry:

There appeared to be no way of appealing so I left it a few days then logged on again and resubmitted. This time I've been accepted but didn't receive an email to confirm.

Have you tried logging on today to see if your status has changed?