Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
It will disappear from the AIP and Sky Daemon on 25th of February.

Per AIC Y 086/2020 there is nobody to give crossing service since the 18th of December. And Government aerodrome ATZ are not limited to "during the hour of watch of ATS/AGCS" like civilian ATZ and controlled airspace.
So you still have to avoid it for 15 days.
rikur_ wrote:I see that disposal has now been confirmed (there was rumour of other military uses being explored)

Not far from Catterick; surprised the Army doesn't take over and ruin it by buidling fences etc across it..
Ophelia Gently wrote:My last 'real' unit..... :( . That, and its 3 RLGs (CF, DH, TP).

Probably the newest control tower in the Service, new Airmens' quarters (sorry, Family Accommodation!) built, runways only relatively recently re-surfaced (yes, THAT old chestnut.....) - it was a racing certainty to be closed. Nice to see one's tax-pounds being so well spent!

Every one of 10 RAF flying stations I served on, bar 2, have closed; and 1 of those 2 is barely worth calling a flying unit given the number of movements generated there.

(The country lanes serving the unit are in a dreadful condition; bet they're all repaired and resurfaced once the place closes!)

I informed you thusly............! :roll:

Hambleton District Council have just completed an extensive repair/resurface of most of the roads leading to the, now closed, aerodrome! The road through Newton-on-Ouse (the village before the usual approach road to Linton) which, for the last 25 years has resembled a ploughed field, now has a billiard-table finish to it! Part of the maintenance programme was to remove all the 'MoD Unit' (red outlined) road signs!!!