Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
By Rob P
skydriller wrote:Hang on a mo, how long is Southend's runway, doesnt it take 737s etc?? Im pretty sure in your average taildragger you could touch down on the numbers, slow to taxi or to walking pace, then take off again, and still have a click or more of runway left below...

1,856 metres

I used over 200 metres landing back at Tibenham yesterday so it would be pretty marginal :lol:

I may well give them a ring and see if a stop & go would be acceptable under the terms of their offer.

Rob P
Went over to Southend on Thursday, very enjoyable day circa 60mins flight time from Brizzle. Nice restaurant in the hotel overlooking the Easyjet aircraft parking.

Much easier to get to Liverpool Street Station and London from Southend Airport railway station than other airports.

Fees were very reasonable.
By Rob L
Rob P wrote:I may well give them a ring and see if a stop & go would be acceptable under the terms of their offer.
Rob P

As previously said, if you don't stop then it's still a touch-and-go. 1 mph is still moving!

Let me know how you get on with your enquiries.
Rob L
By Ibra
Rob P wrote:
aerial wrote:
Why can't a taildragger do a touch and go?

It's perfectly possible, but as an exercise in improving your flying skill it is pretty pointless as all the difficult stuff happens after the 'touch'

Rob P

You are just looking for excuses Rob, just do that they don't charge for full stop landings, I had to make my 3rd TnG yesterday full stop for wake separation after a B737 departed, it still counted as TnG :wink:

As long as you don't exit to the taxiway on your landing/takeoff it will counts as TnG rather than full stop :thumleft: although I am not sure how it is easy to stay on the runway centreline in your mount :lol: if you TnG before Runway 23 displaced threshold, it's 0.5£ per TnG...
By Rob P
Ibra wrote:I am not sure how it is easy to stay on the runway centreline in your mount

Piece of cake ...

... mostly :(

Rob P
By XX
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Ice, give 'em a call first re the IAPs but if they say they are a "bit busy" go along and ask anyway. They told us they were busy the other day but there was nothing happening when I arrived, not even other circuit traffic, just a couple of locals. So we were able to do one IAP anyway.
Iceman liked this