Primarily for general aviation discussion, but other aviation topics are also welcome.
Fortunately the clouds parted, the sun shone and the guys pulled off a great landing!

Kemble started their "GPS" approach application in late 2017 and today is in CAP1616 Stage 5 Decide awaiting the CAA.

I've been helping them all the way and the frustration at delays not of their making has been palpable.
AndyR liked this
With Sky News here and Fox News over in the US, you get to find out all sorts of information which the more reputable outlets don't report, at least until (or *if*) they can verify it, or leave out all together as being too intrusive. You get a certain amount of drivel, especially on Fox News where people who know nothing about anything just have to keep talking, similar to that reported by Douglas Adams. However if you want more detail and don't mind rolling your eyes at half the things they say, they are the places to go.
oakworth wrote:Bet Kemble wish they’d got their act together on PBN. ;)

I can tell you from first hand experience, Kemble have been flat out developing the RNP through the CAP 1616 process for the past 3 years, with no end of attritional friction. Its now with the CAA for decision. If you want to wag an accusing finger, I suggest you point it east from Kemble, towards say.... Croydon.

But yes, the RNP would have been very useful today.
Citabriaflyer wrote:
oakworth wrote:Bet Kemble wish they’d got their act together on PBN. ;)

I can tell you from first hand experience, Kemble have been flat out developing the RNP through the CAP 1616 process for the past 3 years, with no end of attritional friction. Its now with the CAA for decision. If you want to wag an accusing finger, I suggest you point it east from Kemble, towards say.... Croydon.

But yes, the RNP would have been very useful today.

I’m aware of the situation re Kemble’s application. It was a tongue in cheek nudge towards CH rather than a wagging finger.
If this season's forest fires in Australia, Russia and California presage the future norms, then there may be a market for converting more 747s into water bombers .. :roll: